Ever feel like an idiot?

/ Ever feel like an idiot? #21  
Just put the panel back in the box, tape it shut and return it to Home Depot. Just tell them you never opened it. That's what some jack ***** did in my local Home Depot. Luckily I like to open boxes and inspect things before I buy them. I would have been severely pi$$ed if I had gotten all the way home and opened the box to find that. (my local Home Depot is about 30-45min away)

By the way, that was sarcasm. Please don't do it..

I bought a new "used" light fixture like that once from Home Depot, it also was covered in bird sh..

/ Ever feel like an idiot? #22  
There is no divider between the lines and the load wires,, and it is done neatly I don't think you have a problem...

/ Ever feel like an idiot? #23  
I have cut a plug and welded it shut and they do make plug hole covers, (I did not know if the inspector would go for it, but you can ask),

I think all the NEC says is no open holes or knock outs open,

the fix may have to an approved fix, and I do not know if welding the hole in is an approved fix, and the hole cover may have be one that is water restraint,

Knockout Plugs - Grainger Industrial Supply

/ Ever feel like an idiot? #24  
I'd find out what your local electric utility requires and then plug the holes, as has already been suggested at least two times in other's posts, and be done with it. If you have enough wire to pull your line to where it needs to be and your load wires, then just use additional conduit and 90's or 45's or whatever combination that will get you there.
Forget about flipping the box or welding covers over the holes or making a new cover. The box is meant to be used in one position only, with the cover fitting as designed and an electric company seal on the bottom right corner.
The wires going into each lug should be coated with no corrode grease available at any electric supply house.

/ Ever feel like an idiot?
It all ended being not a big deal, the engineer from the power company came out and looked at what I had and said it would be fine. Had the inspector back out today and he put a sticker on it. The power company is saying they will be out next week to hook up their end.
Soon I'll have electric!

/ Ever feel like an idiot? #26  
Ok the engineer at the power company had me send him some pictures so he will look at them Monday morning and let me know. The issue with moving anything is that the metal siding will then have holes in it. It is frustrating when the inspector says that it's fine and that the power company about 30 miles east (who I don't have an option of using) would be perfectly fine with it. To quote the inspector "your power company is very difficult to work with". Oh well.

Here is a picture of what I have.

I've been building for 30+ years..........nothing wrong with the pic you have here.

I've learned not to listen to folks who yak.

/ Ever feel like an idiot?
I've been building for 30+ years..........nothing wrong with the pic you have here.

I've learned not to listen to folks who yak.

That's what bothered me about the whole thing, I tried to run the cable the shortest way with it all in conduit to minimize the chance of it getting damaged in the future. Inspectors always seem to try to find something wrong.

/ Ever feel like an idiot? #28  
Inspectors always seem to try to find something wrong.

BOY YOU AIN'T KIDDING!

When I sold my last home, the inspector said that there was a problem with the electrical hookup for the garbage disposal. Underneath the sink, there was maybe a 1" hole in the drywall, and then Romex came out of the hole into a flexible metal sheath (that extended into the wall) and wired directly to the lugs on the disposal. The inspector said there had to be a junction box there. Junction box? There's no junction! And besides, do you think that the builder, who built this unit, and 49 other ones like it up and down the street, didn't have his plans in order so as to pass inspection? The garbage disposal certainly passed inspection when I bought the unit. But no... the inspector just has to find something to complain about, doesn't he? I ended up installing the box, but it was a real PITA.