Ever had this happen?

/ Ever had this happen? #11  
See if the threads in the head are buggered up. Also see if maybe there is a locking washer on the plug itself. Then use a good plug wrench to tighten it up fairly tight. Does the saw vibrate a lot? Like maybe a bent crank or flywheel weight is off? I have had plugs be loose before. The performance gets pretty bad though when they get real loose.

/ Ever had this happen? #12  
I put the plug back in but only had a pair of needle nose pliers. ...

I'll bet you started carrying a scrench after that.

Had a plug blow out of my 650 BSA. Took me forever to find that plug and put it back so I could get home.:laughing::laughing:

later,

Fred

/ Ever had this happen? #14  
Socket plug screwdriver

Attachments

• scrench.jpg
    scrench.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 111
   / Ever had this happen? #15  
Wow, have plenty of those, just never new they had a name.

First day of the year and learned me something new already. :D

/ Ever had this happen? #17  
Nothing worse than walking in to your wood lot and throw a chain, or need to snug up that chain, or (in this case) put your spark plug back. Then ya have to walk that 1/2 mile back to the tractor to get that scrench ya left behind.

I never bought that holder for the scrench but I do carry a small tool pouch on my chaps with scrench and files.:thumbsup:

Later,

fhs

/ Ever had this happen? #18  
When we go cutting, we always take the toolbox. Just a little rubbermaid thing. But has some files, sharpener jig, t-27 torx, pack of allens, small carb tuning screwdrivers, and a couple of screnches. Usually dont have to use any of them, but the first time we forget it, we need it.