Ever purchased additional land primarily for more time in the seat?

/ Ever purchased additional land primarily for more time in the seat? #1  

Jaylegger

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2600L
Owning a tractor opens up a lot of flexibility and opportunity for developing and maintaining property while providing a rewarding and enjoyable pastime/hobby but I'm curious how many home owners here, despite whatever bs justification to the wife or significant other, purchased more land simply as a means to spend more time on the tractor?:D

/ Ever purchased additional land primarily for more time in the seat? #2  
I have to tell you, the older I get the more I am thinking I have too much land. I definitely did not buy the two extra parcels that I have to get more seat time, but, I would have thought less about buying them if I had not had a tractor.

/ Ever purchased additional land primarily for more time in the seat? #3  
If I didn't already have more than my wife and I could manage, I could easily see us doing that,but since she likes the farms as much as I, it wouldn't take any "bs" rationalization on my part. She is the one who "talked me into" buying my last tractor.:)

/ Ever purchased additional land primarily for more time in the seat? #4  
I take every step I can to come up with short cuts to work more efficently resulting in less seat time...Less is better...you'll find out..

/ Ever purchased additional land primarily for more time in the seat?
Ok, now we need a few responses from the, non, old and jaded bunch?:laughing:

TripleR, you've got it made.

/ Ever purchased additional land primarily for more time in the seat? #7  
Ok, now we need a few responses from the, non, old and jaded bunch?:laughing:

TripleR, you've got it made.

Don't I know it:)

She also "talked me into" a Rhino, Grizzly 700 EPS, Tundra...I fought it, but what's a guy gonna do, did I mention she also likes guns:thumbsup:

/ Ever purchased additional land primarily for more time in the seat? #8  
Owning a tractor opens up a lot of flexibility and opportunity for developing and maintaining property while providing a rewarding and enjoyable pastime/hobby but I'm curious how many home owners here, despite whatever bs justification to the wife or significant other, purchased more land simply as a means to spend more time on the tractor?:D
I haven't and would not be
interested unless it was a place where i could get fill dirt and the situation was right.

/ Ever purchased additional land primarily for more time in the seat? #9  

When I was in my thirties and forties, I could not envision enough land to own. Now at 63, I think 300 acres is about 295 too much. Ken Sweet

/ Ever purchased additional land primarily for more time in the seat? #10  
I bought 10 acres where I plan to build a home (hopefully next year), but I have to say I enjoy working on it, mowing, cleaning it up, etc. I am doing things backwards from most people (improving the land before I build), but it is what I can do now.

Will