Every Deere brush guard needs a deer...

/ Every Deere brush guard needs a deer... #1  

picker77

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3032E, dual remotes, TnT, tooth bar, grapple
This falls in the category of trivial shop projects, but my new brush guard looked a little naked so I did this.

Attachments

• Brush Guard.jpg
    Brush Guard.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 1,213
   / Every Deere brush guard needs a deer... #4  
Hey, that is a real neat job:) Ken Sweet

/ Every Deere brush guard needs a deer... #5  
You also need to add some scratches to the inside of the bucket for that "custom look" :laughing:

Oops, looks like you have had a few comments about this. It is not good to have such an obvious flaw with your tractor. People see the pic and immediatly post without reading the other responses.

I hereby edit my response and suggest that you at least wipe some dirt on the bucket.:thumbsup:

That's one spoiled tractor:cool:

/ Every Deere brush guard needs a deer... #6  
How did you make the Deere deer?

Looks great, as does the brush guard.

/ Every Deere brush guard needs a deer...
Yep, it HAS been spoiled so far, got a whopping 3.8 hours on it. Primarily because since I got it a while back (and in the process overruling a strong recommendation by my better half to get an older, cheaper, used tractor instead) I've been paying a LOT more attention to the job jar in the kitchen, which for some strange reason has been fuller than usual.

So I'm currently paying dues... you married TBN'ers out there will certainly understand that. :) I expect things will level out in a few weeks, though.

/ Every Deere brush guard needs a deer... #8  
No excuses... I don't care if you have to MAKE mud with a garden hose, get that thing dirty..

Besides, if it isn't dirty, she'll think she WAS right and you DIDN'T need it after all.

The female mind is a devious thing, at least the 2% of it that I understand is.

Sean

/ Every Deere brush guard needs a deer... #9  
Heck! I drive orange and I want one for mine anyway! It looks great! :thumbsup:

/ Every Deere brush guard needs a deer...
I did the deer on my computer and traced it onto 1/8" aluminum sheet stock and rough-cut it with a band saw. The final shaping took a little time, but since I also fool around with making custom knives, I have several sizes of belt grinders in my shop, which helped a lot. It makes my home-made brush guard look a little more OEM-ish, I hope. Even the wife liked it (stunned look).

Good idea, Chilly! My neighbor has a gravel pile, I'll go over there and scuff the bucket up some! I'll be doing mostly box blade stuff for a while until this fall when the ground is softer, then I'll do some honest dirt work and really mess it up good, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure she thinks I'm using it a lot in the meantime.

Johnrex62, maybe you could make an orange one of a leaping Kubota, LOL!