Everyone needs 2 or 3 corn planters!

/ Everyone needs 2 or 3 corn planters! #11  
Farmwithjunk said:
Well, you did ask.

Very nice!!! I have only been into tractors less than a year now and from the time I started looking, the MF135 was top of the list. After searching much of last summer, and wasting lots of gas, I gave in and just bought new. A new Kubota! Don't get me wrong, I love the L3400, but the lines on the old MF's are the BOMB.

/ Everyone needs 2 or 3 corn planters! #12  
I think I told you before Farmwithjunk, that sure is a nice MF!

/ Everyone needs 2 or 3 corn planters! #13  
FarmwithJunk,

You have a very nice tractor. I love those old Massey's. A farm close to ours had all Massey's when I was growing up. I always liked them and always wanted one. Maybe someday.

We have a Deere Model 71 planter with fertilizer hoppers. All original and still in use. We use it to plant our sweet corn and some small deer plots. Its been a great planter for many years!!!

I would like to get a Massey Model 36, but can't seem to find any worth what they are asking.

Dave

/ Everyone needs 2 or 3 corn planters! #15  
Hey FWJ, that looks to be a 6ft bush-hog squealer on the back of that awsome looking MF. I had a 5 ftr for many years. It was ok on my 8n but got busted up pretty bad when I used it at higher ground speed on a Ford 2000 that had a good bit more pto hp. I had to weld angle almost all the way around the top of the shell and beef up the frame. It always made a real neat cut and I never had anything but structural problems that could be easily repaired with welder and some scrap steel. Unfortunately, when I sold the 2000 (which was pretty well spent) , the guy that bought it really wanted the beefed up squealer and I had to let it go or would probably still be stuck with that wore out tractor. I replaced it with a Rhino 6 ftr which is structurely sound but does not cut nearly as neat as that old bush hog. Do you have similar experiences with Rhino, and how has that squealer held up for you? The one I had was an early eighties model.

/ Everyone needs 2 or 3 corn planters! #16  
wow i found a mf planter on e bay for $600. and it is not done yet. wondering how much they cost new. just an fyi

/ Everyone needs 2 or 3 corn planters!
wolc123 said:
Hey FWJ, that looks to be a 6ft bush-hog squealer on the back of that awsome looking MF. I had a 5 ftr for many years. It was ok on my 8n but got busted up pretty bad when I used it at higher ground speed on a Ford 2000 that had a good bit more pto hp. I had to weld angle almost all the way around the top of the shell and beef up the frame. It always made a real neat cut and I never had anything but structural problems that could be easily repaired with welder and some scrap steel. Unfortunately, when I sold the 2000 (which was pretty well spent) , the guy that bought it really wanted the beefed up squealer and I had to let it go or would probably still be stuck with that wore out tractor. I replaced it with a Rhino 6 ftr which is structurely sound but does not cut nearly as neat as that old bush hog. Do you have similar experiences with Rhino, and how has that squealer held up for you? The one I had was an early eighties model.

It's a Bush Hog 286. Very stout mower for a medium duty model.

/ Everyone needs 2 or 3 corn planters! #18  
nice planter I bought one a couple months ago but it missing the fertilizer box if you could point me in the right direction to find one would be great thanks joel

/ Everyone needs 2 or 3 corn planters! #19  
Wow FWJ, I can't believe what good shape she's in. It looks hardly used.

I would guess that the planters, (especially 2 rows), will continue to go up in price as more folks start planting their own gardens. Food prices have really started to jump and people may be trying different approaches to make ends meet. If you have kids, I can't think of a better hobby than gardening since they would learn all about being self sufficient and doing something real, (as opposed to the TV or computer games).

/ Everyone needs 2 or 3 corn planters! #20  
hey farm with junk.Hows that mf 39 planter comin along.I have found one that is in pretty rough shape but hoping to fix her up.Where can you find parts for these planters.Thx for any help.