Everything attachments "free" shipping isn't free

/ Everything attachments "free" shipping isn't free #21  
Even if you buy from a local dealer you are still paying for shipping because the dealer had to have it shipped to the dealership and they pass that cost on as they should. I bought my finish mower from EA this spring because they had the best price and the most knowledgable staff. Just the facts.

/ Everything attachments "free" shipping isn't free #22  
And the point of this thread is ??

/ Everything attachments "free" shipping isn't free #23  
And the point of this thread is ??

To inform potential buyers of how a frequent supplier of attachments is potentially generating the prices for there products.

In short, Its simply information for those looking to by attachments. my opinion on how that practice may/may-not be good/bad really isnt relative to simply supplying the information so that potential buyers can be better informed.

And I'm always interested in more information when im concerned about making an informed decision about a product that may cost thousands of dollars.

/ Everything attachments "free" shipping isn't free #24  
Even if you buy from a local dealer you are still paying for shipping because the dealer had to have it shipped to the dealership and they pass that cost on as they should. I bought my finish mower from EA this spring because they had the best price and the most knowledgable staff. Just the facts.

On the flip side, i often shop at a local dealer for used implements because i KNOW he DIDNT have them shipped because they likely came in with a local tractor on trade in. This makes them 200-400 cheaper than any place else. why? he didnt spend 100-200 to have it shipped to him, and wont have to spend another 100-200 to have it shipped out to a customer.

/ Everything attachments "free" shipping isn't free #25  
I personally dont care how shipping is payed for.. I'm smart enough to know that someone somewhere pays for it. And if a person wants to stay in business they are going to pass it on somewhere. I learned a long time ago that shopping online meant watching what the bottom line was going to be.. Years ago, merchants use to offer a real good price, then gouge you on shipping. I dont know how Amazon does it, but I'm guessing it's because they have a very high volume and maybe because of that they get a discount from shippers. So guess what, that means the shippers are passing on that cost to other users.

Maybe EA should advertise "shipping included" instead of free shipping.
Semantics.
Wedge

/ Everything attachments "free" shipping isn't free #26  
Its either shipping or tax.

/ Everything attachments "free" shipping isn't free #27  
I personally dont care how shipping is payed for.. I'm smart enough to know that someone somewhere pays for it. And if a person wants to stay in business they are going to pass it on somewhere. I learned a long time ago that shopping online meant watching what the bottom line was going to be.. Years ago, merchants use to offer a real good price, then gouge you on shipping. I dont know how Amazon does it, but I'm guessing it's because they have a very high volume and maybe because of that they get a discount from shippers. So guess what, that means the shippers are passing on that cost to other users.

Maybe EA should advertise "shipping included" instead of free shipping.
Semantics.
Wedge

Good post:thumbsup:

Yea, Amazon does offer "free shipping". But 9 times out of 10, I can find the same item cheaper somewhere else online that DOES NOT offer free shipping. Depending on the item, the shipping cost and the item cost may still come in UNDER amazon prices. And I am certain that most of the time amazon does WAY mroe volume. So are they gouging people????

I am one who does 90% of my shopping online. Tractor parts, car parts, boots, etc. And on something as simple as a ~$50 item, I see prices anywhere from $40-$60 from reputable sites. BUT...Shipping charges range from Free, to $20.

A couple of places I was looking at for seals for a tractor. Two if them about the size of a half dollar and 1/4" thick. Some of the places with really great prices (like 1.50 per seal) wanted $12 to ship them:confused2:

So I guess the point I am making, is that EVERY the places that advertize "free" shipping, isnt free. UPS dont deliver for free ANYWHERE. So its Not just EA.

But I will leave one final thought....At least EA discounts the item if you pick it up. What about the other places that are supposed to be "free" shipping, and you pick it up and DONT recieve a discount???? Are they gouging you on price because they didnt credit you the cost they would have incurred to ship the item???

So who cares what/how they advertize. Your foolish if you dont compair bottom dollar "to the door" price anyway. If they (EA) are cheapest, who cares how they arrive at that price

/ Everything attachments "free" shipping isn't free #28  
Nearby furniture store ads always say free shipping.

Looked at a TV stand, $425. I said I'm here with the pickup, how much if we just throw it on there, gotta be a bit cheaper?

He offered it to me for $300 taxes included.

Seems like a peretty common deal, nothing to be surprised about.

Shipping or nothing like it is ever 'free', it is 'included' in the price. Prices are negociable, so don't see what the deal is.

I'm sure they offer a wholesale price to dealers, it is common for that as well. Volume purchases.

Seems like a non-issue?

--->Paul

/ Everything attachments "free" shipping isn't free #29  
I am really shocked that Ted from EA hasnt chimed in here yet

/ Everything attachments "free" shipping isn't free #30  
Well sheeeee-oooooot. I'll be a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs! And I was so happy with the price and great delivery service Ted provided on my Sicma 40" tiller. Guess now I'll have to send it back.