Everything Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments #741  
Hey Ted,

Can you explain the difference (functionally) between the single lid and double lid wicked grapples?

with the double lid, are both grapple cylinders are plumed in parallel together?

why would I want one or the other?

thanks

/ Everything Attachments #742  
Hey Ted,

Can you explain the difference (functionally) between the single lid and double lid wicked grapples?

with the double lid, are both grapple cylinders are plumed in parallel together?

thanks

Oh my! The ole single vs double lid debate.
That's a subject that has been argued about for days without a definitive conclusion among the TBN masses!! :laughing:

Personally, IMO, I prefer single on a smaller grapple and double on a larger one.
A double lid will clamp tightly across the width of the grapple, which is more efficient than a single on a tremendously off balanced load.(my first pics will illustrate)
The cylinders are Teed together, so the fluid goes to the path of least resistance until it's tightened fully.

BOTTOM LINE: A grapple is one of the most useful investments for a tractor. Just make sure it's a WICKED GRAPPLE!!
Travis

72dualL3540s.jpg

72dualKubotamx5100 (3)s.jpg

Single lid grapples will have a somewhat faster cycle time because the fluid is only being sent to one cylinder. You can also clamp/pinch something right in the center, rather than to one side or the other.
I've got awesome pics showing what single lid Wicked Grapples are capable of.

This is why the great debate is forever ongoing!!!

yep, all of these are single lids
55singleMX58009.jpeg

54singlemassey1754s.jpg

55singleMX5800.jpeg

60singleLSR40474s.jpg

/ Everything Attachments #743  
All my research on disc harrows kept coming back to you for the quality and features, so we just ordered the XTreme Duty disc from you today and looking forward to it (and the new tractor) to come in. When it does i'll post some pics or video of some Cherokee silt loam being worked!

Thanks for the business! We look forward to hearing about it.
Travis

/ Everything Attachments #744  
Hey Ted,

thanks

Or get one of each!

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1472589887.177731.jpg

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1472589922.894027.jpg

/ Everything Attachments #746  
That is such a well composed photo. Like two giant prehistoric blue beasts squaring off to fight one another.:)

No doubt....I should follow Rick's advice and just recommend both from now on. It will take less explaining on my end and we'll sell twice as many grapples. :laughing:

Last edited:
   / Everything Attachments #748  
No doubt....I should follow Rick's advice and just recommend both from now on. It will take less explaining on my end and we'll sell twice as many grapples. :laughing:

Yep, big tractor (96 HP) with 84" dual lid for pushing over / picking up dead trees and small tractor (46 HP) with 72" single lid for tree limbs and brush. They work well in tandem. The 72" is a EA Wicked For Utility tractors. Excellent product, well built. Just between us, it has pushed down some smaller trees in places I couldn't get the big tractor into.

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1472611802.580121.jpg

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1472612206.745955.jpg

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1472612259.362274.jpg

/ Everything Attachments #749  
Yep, big tractor (96 HP) with 84" dual lid for pushing over / picking up dead trees and small tractor (46 HP) with 72" single lid for tree limbs and brush. They work well in tandem. The 72" is a EA Wicked For Utility tractors. Excellent product, well built. Just between us, it has pushed down some smaller trees in places I couldn't get the big tractor into.

View attachment 479214

View attachment 479219

View attachment 479220

No worries. It's tree push tested, trust me!!
Travis

Here's proof. The grapple being punished is the dual lid version of yours.

/ Everything Attachments #750  
No worries. It's tree push tested, trust me!!
Travis

Here's proof. The grapple being punished is the dual lid version of yours.

Travis, no disagreement here. I know I could put the 72" wicked on my big tractor and go crazy.

As you might recall, my rationalization, for a second grapple, was the 42"+ jaw opening. Makes it excellent for brush and tree limbs. The 84" only opens 34".

Status
Not open for further replies.