EX5310/EX5810 - why so "cheap"

/ EX5310/EX5810 - why so "cheap" #1  

Joe56

Tractor
N?A
Hi all,

I currently have an MF135 and have decided I need a FEL. I'm currently considering various options across a few brands, but have stumbled across the Kioti EX5310/5810 whilst looking at the Kioti DK4810.

My question is: can anyone help me to understand why the EX is cheaper than the DK? Even the EX5810 is cheaper (in Australia) than the DK4810, yet it has 58hp vs 48hp.

I can't see anything else to explain why the bigger EX is almost 10% cheaper than the DK.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

/ EX5310/EX5810 - why so "cheap" #2  
Hello, welcome to TBN.

My theory is that they're just moving some leftover stock on the EX series. I believe they don't make the EX series anymore, instead they have the new NX series to replace it. Just my theory.

/ EX5310/EX5810 - why so "cheap"
Thanks!

Would the fact that they're no longer made cause concern for getting parts in the future in your view? I know they don't make any tractor forever, but I plan to keep my next tractor until it's only good for garden decoration.

/ EX5310/EX5810 - why so "cheap" #4  
Thanks something I really don't have an answer for. I would expect them to have a supply of parts for that series for a long time.

The EX series was a very solid series of tractors, very well made with very little issues from what I've heard from people who had them here in Portugal and they had them loaded with thousands of hours. I believe they sold the EX35, 40, 45 and 50 here in Portugal.

Thanks, I appreciate your time to help me out. If anyone has any views on what would make the DK better or worse than the EX I'm all ears. I'll be managing around 20 or so acres, main uses being ground management, some grass cutting, gravel driveway maintenance and FEL work. Happy weekend all!

/ EX5310/EX5810 - why so "cheap" #6  
hi Joe
im a bit late to this party, but i think the DK only comes in Hydrostatic trans (higher cost i would think) and the EX only comes with Manual, i have a EX50 with 975 hours on it - had a few issues over the 15 years, i have just upgraded to the EX5310. i dont want hydro in my steep country, and i want a tractor that is a basic as i can get, i also wanted to get in to a new tractor before any dpf / emissions are added here in Australia.

Thanks XCAT. I didn't come back with an update, but I had my EX5810 delivered a month or so ago. I went with it for it being more mechanically basic too. Although I was told that the DKs don't have DPF here in Aus (yet). I'm pleased with the tractor, hopefully it'll give me years of hassle free work.

Cheers,
Joe

/ EX5310/EX5810 - why so "cheap" #8  
You ought to post up some pictures, gentlemen. I had to look up the EX series; that looks to be what was sold as the last generation DK in North America, available in both manual and hydrostatic. Way to make things confusing, Daedong. 🤣

Here's mine, next to the outgoing MF135...

Attachments

• PXL_20230824_033240881.jpg
    PXL_20230824_033240881.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 67