Excavator 'house' Hows it work?

/ Excavator 'house' Hows it work? #1  

chopped

Veteran Member
Stupid question maybe but I was wondering how they can get the hyd fluid from the engine to the track motors. Is there some sort of huge round seal on the track assembly? aS it has 360 degrees I assume there arent hoses etc
Thanks. if anyone wants to explain my stupid question lol.

/ Excavator 'house' Hows it work?
WOW thanks for the info ..It is simple really. I was overthinking it in a different way. Like the track base and the top were more of the 'spool' with some o rings. The video is great. I searched and searched and didnt find it.So thanks so much ..

/ Excavator 'house' Hows it work?
Also I assume that the whole 'house' rotation is with a big ring gear and a drive motor?I watched a video and as it spun you could ear a loud humm of gears. So Im assuming that how that works?

/ Excavator 'house' Hows it work? #7  
The pinion on the swing motor turns on the ring gear mounted to the rotary bearing which is between the carbody and the house.

/ Excavator 'house' Hows it work? #8  
I glad you asked the question, chopped. I was wondering about this a few days ago. Thanks to knowledgeable TBN users we now have the answer. Those are interesting videos explaining how it works.

/ Excavator 'house' Hows it work? #9  
that's been bugging me for quite a while. Thanks for the question and the answers!

/ Excavator 'house' Hows it work? #10  
I've always wondered about this. Ingenious but simple. Thanks for the video.