excell guru's

/ excell guru's #1  

toddbailey

Silver Member
Tractor
nh 3930, ford 1910, farmall super a, allis chamlers b
Hopefully someone here can help me out on this one, using office 2010, in Excell I am trying to write a formula to do this for example:
cell h9(if cell h10's value is 0> then cell h9=F, if cell h10's value is 0< then cell h9=C) hopefully someone can help with this it is driving me crazy trying to figure it out!

/ excell guru's
never mind finally found the answer! :laughing:

/ excell guru's #3  
I have learned so much Excel in the past few months that I need to write a book.
Conditional formatting the cell values will really make them pop out.

/ excell guru's #4  
Hopefully someone here can help me out on this one, using office 2010, in Excell I am trying to write a formula to do this for example:
cell h9(if cell h10's value is 0> then cell h9=F, if cell h10's value is 0< then cell h9=C) hopefully someone can help with this it is driving me crazy trying to figure it out!

Place this code into cell H9
Code:
=IF(H10>0,"F",IF(H10<0,"C","-"))

/ excell guru's #6  
As long as you want nothing in H9 if H10 = 0, that will work

However, if you want an "F" or a "C" returned for a value equal to zero, your formula won't work.

/ excell guru's #7  
=IF(H10<0,"C","F")
Will return F for > or = zero.

Hit the fx button and it will give you a form to fill out for the function you want.

/ excell guru's #8  
I've found excell to be very powerful. There's no way I could ever know all of the things excell can do. I rely heavily on google. I'll type in a description of what I want to do in excel, and I'll almost always get a very clear and useful explanation of how to do it.

/ excell guru's #9  
I've found excell to be very powerful. There's no way I could ever know all of the things excell can do. I rely heavily on google. I'll type in a description of what I want to do in excel, and I'll almost always get a very clear and useful explanation of how to do it.

Excel is a great program...not sure where some guys come up with that extra "L" though.
I'm nearing the end of my career in Quality Assurance. One thing I always promote to the younger guys is to learn Excel. It's one of the most versatile programs for use in industry...for creating work instructions as well as most statistical work and charting.
For you guys starting your careers in manufacturing...learn Excel! And once you've got that down, go for Access.

/ excell guru's #10  
Excel is a great program...not sure where some guys come up with that extra "L" though.
I'm nearing the end of my career in Quality Assurance. One thing I always promote to the younger guys is to learn Excel. It's one of the most versatile programs for use in industry...for creating work instructions as well as most statistical work and charting.
For you guys starting your careers in manufacturing...learn Excel! And once you've got that down, go for Access.

Great advice Roy!

I'm a huge fan of Excel too. Excel has some decent database functionality as well.