Excessive ads?

/ Excessive ads? #1  

tman1020

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat ct225 and Bad Boy zero turn
Was just wondering if everybody was experiencing the same thing I was or if it’s just the way I access the forum?
i use Tapatalk to get to the forum and every time I try to read something the ads are getting just ridiculous. It’s to the point where I can’t even see The form from all the ads. I’ll post a snap shot. Is this what everyone is dealing with or could it just be the way I’m accessing?
IMG_4159.png

/ Excessive ads? #2  
I don't believe TbyNet supports it or the other way around. I tried it one time long ago and wasn't impressed but then I'm not a phone junkie anyway.

/ Excessive ads? #3  
Was just wondering if everybody was experiencing the same thing I was or if it’s just the way I access the forum?
It's the way you access the forum. I use Linux Mint OS with Firefox browser with Ublock on my computer and Android OS with Brave browser on my phone. There are zero ads.

/ Excessive ads? #5  
I've recently noticed a big increase in adds on this forum. I'm using Chrome on andriod tablet. The most annoying is the one that is goes black across the screen and the more you scroll the more it fills the screen up with no add in it but it says click here for the add! Lol. Ya, that's exactly what I'm going to do. Idiots.
Anyway it's frustrating. I did notice previously if you weren't logged in you got pop up adds but logging in stopped that. And that I'm good with. But now it's stupid. Ya okay you can get an add blocker, I get that, and I suppose I will. I use quite a lot of forums and this one has jumped to the top worst for adds by a long margin. Which is a shame. I'm sure that's something that can be controlled by the administrators/providers. I understand adds are paying for the site but there's a balance to be had and I don't think this is it!

That's my useless 2 cents for what that is worth. (How many actually know what a cent is these days anymore??? Lol)
E

/ Excessive ads? #6  
All that I have to access right now is my android phone which uses the browser. What I notice about ads is that they're imbedded into posts. Not only is it hard sometimes to tell which is an ad and which is a post; when you quote somebody it will include the ad in their post.

/ Excessive ads? #7  
I don’t have a computer anymore. All I use is an iPhone and iPad, both of which are running DuckDuckGo and Norton AdBlocker. The ads have gotten very annoying and excessive.

/ Excessive ads? #8  
Use a BROWSER that supports "AD Blockers"..... I am usually on a PC and there is only one ad on "TractorByNet" I can't block so far....

But consider that most forum are supported by "click through" advertising for financial support, a process that needs to be abolished....

Last edited:
   / Excessive ads? #9  
I use my PC with a Duck Duck Go, an Ad blocker and a VPN even when on my own router. (Keeps me in practice for when I'm in town and on my phone.) I don't have the problem on TBN but go to You Tube and look out!

/ Excessive ads? #10  
All that I have to access right now is my android phone which uses the browser. What I notice about ads is that they're imbedded into posts. Not only is it hard sometimes to tell which is an ad and which is a post; when you quote somebody it will include the ad in their post.
Why don't you use the Android app. I've been using it for several years with few problems and no ads. Or you could just complain about ads. With very little effort you can avoid ads on your PC or android.