Excessive vibration makes my B3030 the ultimate disappointment

/ Excessive vibration makes my B3030 the ultimate disappointment #21  
My larger 4 cyl. Kubotas both seem pretty smooth. I assumed it was because they had a balance shaft, but didn't know if that was true. Does Kubota use a balance shaft in any of their 4 cylinder engines and, if so, does the B3030 have one?

/ Excessive vibration makes my B3030 the ultimate disappointment #22  
Out of the 30+ large B's we sell a year, we usually get 1 with really excessive vibrations problems. Its a hard thing to tackle since its a subjective thing, but if its making your feet go to sleep... then you've got it. Your dealer probably needs to get the regional service rep in the seat. Just saying 'it vibrates' won't get you anywhere because to a point... they all do. You could also try and see if they will swap your unit for a different one.

I totally agree with neal on this as it sounds exactly like an unbalanced crankshaft issue or a combination of unbalanced flywheel and unbalanced crank shaft and or flywheel seal and bearing or bearings as well problem as well-one question though- how tight are the V belts on the tractor? overtightened belts will cause difficulties.:)

leon

/ Excessive vibration makes my B3030 the ultimate disappointment #23  
My B7800 is a 4 cylinder but I have had no issues with excessive vibration.

I would write an e-mail to Kubota's HO if the dealer is not helping you. I find putting things in writing, clearly spelling out your business case, always brings action quickly.

I had my 2005 Toyota Tacoma's A/C die on me a few months ago. The dealer suggested that I needed a new serpentine belt and a new ac suction hose-$500. My extended warranty didn't cover any of this. I called Toyota Canada's customer service and opened a case number. They consulted with the dealer and then offered to pay 40% of the total cost. I declined that offer and wrote an e-mail to the Toyota Canada President. I had a call back eight hours later from a senior mgr in customer service who had called the dealer. Between the two of them they covered 100% of the cost of repair-as they should have:)

/ Excessive vibration makes my B3030 the ultimate disappointment #24  
I would write an e-mail to Kubota's HO if the dealer is not helping you. I find putting things in writing, clearly spelling out your business case, always brings action quickly.

Not gonna work in this case. We complaints about vibration all the time. Often this is from people who have no concept about tractors and think it should run like their BMW. If you send an email, you'll get lumped into that group. You'll need your dealer going to bat for you on this.

/ Excessive vibration makes my B3030 the ultimate disappointment
Just another data point.

Got my B3030 in Jan '08. Didn't really notice any vibration during the test drive, but I did after I got it home. Not enough to bother me much, though. If I'm feeling a bit of vibration, I just move the throttle a touch, and it goes away. Have you had the chance to operate any other B3030's?
After my purchase I went around and drove other B3030s in different dealers lots. One was quite smooth and another seemed to be about the same as mine. I also drove a B2920 and it does not have this problem. Should have bought that instead I suppose but I thought I was getting the premium model.

Out of the 30+ large B's we sell a year, we usually get 1 with really excessive vibrations problems. Its a hard thing to tackle since its a subjective thing, but if its making your feet go to sleep... then you've got it. Your dealer probably needs to get the regional service rep in the seat. Just saying 'it vibrates' won't get you anywhere because to a point... they all do. You could also try and see if they will swap your unit for a different one.

I believe the Kubota rep who already drove mine and claimed it is normal is the regional service rep but I will double check with the dealer. The service manager at the dealer agrees with me and says he needs to get off it after about 15 or 20 minutes of operation at 2000 rpm and higher. Yeah, tell me about it. My question to you: When you and Kubota identify the bad one out of the 30+, who eats it? I can't imagine any dealer taking that kind of a loss.

/ Excessive vibration makes my B3030 the ultimate disappointment #26  
Have the engine mounts,drive joints, flywheel,HST been checked for loose bolts broken mounts ect?
I think you guys are seeing where I am going here
It don't make sense that one machine will do this and another won't
Kubota should find what is wrong with this particular unit
Spending that kind of money to get these results would piss me off too!
DGS

/ Excessive vibration makes my B3030 the ultimate disappointment #27  
I also drove a B2920 and it does not have this problem. Should have bought that instead I suppose but I thought I was getting the premium model.

Don't beat yourself up too much thinking you should have gone with the 2920 over the 3030. There is obviously a problem with your 3030, because when I test drove a 3030 and a 2920, within minutes of one another, on a dealer's lot, the 3030 was much, much smoother.

I ended up with a 3030 from another dealer that had been uncrated and delivered to me, with no test drive from me, and mine is nice and smooth. I've logged 6 straight hours on it a couple of times in the 150 hours I've logged so far, and not the slightest issue with vibration.

I hope your dealer can get yours figured out, because a properly running B3030 is a great, enjoyable machine to operate.

/ Excessive vibration makes my B3030 the ultimate disappointment #28  
If your hands get numb then return the unit immediately. This can cause you some serious nerve issues if you continue to use the machine.

/ Excessive vibration makes my B3030 the ultimate disappointment #29  
2 year old thread.

/ Excessive vibration makes my B3030 the ultimate disappointment #30  
He is a new member. It was his first chance to post on it!!! Don't be too hard on him.
I wasn't trying to be hard on anybody (?) just stating a fact. :eek:

Sometimes others don't notice right away that it's a not a current discussion.
I didn't at first so I got "sucked in" there for a minute, was trying to help others avoid the same fate.

:)