Exciting times at the Deere dealer today

/ Exciting times at the Deere dealer today #41  
I have the same affliction. Sometimes sacrasm and irony don't come through in text.

quote, "My wife told me to grow up. I told her to get out of my fort!" One of the best signature lines on the forum imo. I got to remember that.:laughing::thumbsup:

/ Exciting times at the Deere dealer today #42  
quote, "My wife told me to grow up. I told her to get out of my fort!" One of the best signature lines on the forum imo. I got to remember that.:laughing::thumbsup:

Thanks. I'll trade you the signature for your 110. Even - Stephen. I'd even pay shipping from Somewhere, USA!

/ Exciting times at the Deere dealer today
I was back at the Deere dealer today kicking the tires and that same corner of the roof had been hit by another truck! The metal is peeled back like a sardine tin. The entire corner of the building is now surrounded by orange traffic cones. :)

/ Exciting times at the Deere dealer today #44  
I was back at the Deere dealer today kicking the tires and that same corner of the roof had been hit by another truck! The metal is peeled back like a sardine tin. The entire corner of the building is now surrounded by orange traffic cones. :)
Sounds like they better rethink there delivery route on the lot

/ Exciting times at the Deere dealer today #45  
No one here at the farm is partial any one brand, I guess you tell that by my signature.

I will say this my son was wanting another compact loader tractor and we looked at and drove several. He and I test drove a Kubota L4060, L6060, and JD 4044R, 4066M. He liked a lot of the features of the 4044R but the one thing that got us and his mother was how loud the Deere's were and that there was a hole in the hood, the sales guy said it was for expelling gases during a regen, not sure if he knew what he was talking about or not. Any to us the 2 speeds in each range was worth more than things like the hitch controls on the fender and so on.

In the end after studying the new emissions he put me on a quest find either a new 40-50hp tractor with Tier 3 or an Interim Tier 4, no easy task back in the spring of the this year. After seeing the big DPF filter under the hoods of both the Kubota and the Deere he said no way to a DPF tractor. I found 2 Kubota MX5100 Hydros 3 1/2 hours away. They went down made the deal, they prepped it and a friend delivered it. He likes everything about except the seat, the seat sucks. Looking at changing it out. It's a nice well built tractor with not a lot bells and whistles.

Our YouTube Channel of farm action:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPAR4rxGJNYlQIu7snVQ2nw

/ Exciting times at the Deere dealer today #46  
<snip>He liked a lot of the features of the 4044R but the one thing that got us and his mother was how loud the Deere's were and that there was a hole in the hood, the sales guy said it was for expelling gases during a regen, not sure if he knew what he was talking about or not.<snip>

It's a very strange setup on the 4R/M series. The 44 is a non turbo and has the option for a vertical exhaust, but apparently the 52/66 models with turbo only have the one option. I believe that is the actual exhaust outlet, so what the sales guy said wouldn't be too far off the truth, but it's not just for a regen cycle, it's where the exhaust exits.

/ Exciting times at the Deere dealer today #47  
The exhaust on my 4052r exits on the lower left of the tractor unless it is in regen mode then it exits out the hole in the hood. There is an actuator that controls this.

/ Exciting times at the Deere dealer today #48  
The exhaust on my 4052r exits on the lower left of the tractor unless it is in regen mode then it exits out the hole in the hood. There is an actuator that controls this.

wow, talk about adding complexity to the situation. JD must have felt that the higher exhaust temps from a regen were too hot to exit at the lower left point, but sacrificing operator visibility over the hood with a vertical exhaust was nixed.

/ Exciting times at the Deere dealer today

The 4044R I'm looking at routes it all up thru the hood. No actuator. No lower exhaust pipe.