Exhaust Mod

/ Exhaust Mod #1  

milkman

Elite Member
Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
Tractor
BX2200, BCS 735
I had a slight exhaust leak under the hood and I thought it was the gasket between the muffler and the manifold. I got a new gasket, but when I removed the muffler, I found that one of the mounting holes in the muffler was ripped out, so I took some cardboard and smeared some grease on the manifold and cut out a pattern for and made a new exhaust flange, then I had a pipe bent up and installed a new muffler.

Attachments

• 838943-BXWhatyacallit3 (Small).JPG
    838943-BXWhatyacallit3 (Small).JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,403
   / Exhaust Mod
It exits the same as the original except I had to trim a little of the shroud for extra clearance.

Attachments

• 838946-ExhMod1.JPG
    838946-ExhMod1.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 938
   / Exhaust Mod
The new pipe comes out of the manifold flange at a slight angle and has a connection just before it exits the engine shroud.

Attachments

• 838947-ExhMod2.JPG
    838947-ExhMod2.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 827
   / Exhaust Mod
We drilled a hole in the side of the pipe and put a bolt through the side of the pipe and tacked it on the inside with the welder.

Attachments

• 838954-ExhMod5.JPG
    838954-ExhMod5.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 651
   / Exhaust Mod #7  
milkman, nice looking job you did. I just modified mine tractor to point my muffler forward and drop the exhaust out in front of the left front tire. I was constanting bending and breaking the original exhaust (vertical) off on low hanging things. At least they seemed low to the tractor.

nice work.

/ Exhaust Mod
A notch in the muffler pipe sets over the pin and keeps the vibration and weight of the muffler from rotating the joint, and I don't have to clamp it so tight that it distorts the pipe and make it difficult to get off when I need to remove it.

Attachments

• 838958-ExhMod8.JPG
    838958-ExhMod8.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 588
   / Exhaust Mod
I saw your post just before I started this one and I thought at least maybe we are keeping the world of TBN in balance. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Exhaust Mod #10  
Milkman,

Always nice to see someone modify something to make it be like THEY want it to be! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Man...glad I have a larger tractor along with my BX...those duals sure are appealing! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Now the exhaust...well...I admire your work but would not want a pipe sticking up like that around here, with all the trees and branches...

I see Brewdog feels the same...also see Brewdog's location is Western PA...

Must be something in the water here that makes us feel this way... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice job!