Expensive JD parts Please Help

/ Expensive JD parts Please Help #1  

Deepsea

Tractor
John Deere 3320
Has anyone found a source for John Deere oil seals? My 3320 has leaky seals on the front end that I want to replace. Don't want to sound cheap but 45 and 60+ dollars for a seal that should be under 10 is pretty hard to swallow. Thanks for any input.

/ Expensive JD parts Please Help #2  
Search the P/N on Amazon and eBay. May find a lower price.

/ Expensive JD parts Please Help #3  
Measure the bore, shaft size and thickness and size it up at a bearing shop. It's ridiculous how parts like seals and bearings are marked up when you go to a stealer. Friend of mine needed a wheel bearing on a trip for his Yamaha, stealer was $50 and it was a SKF bearing, bearing shop was $10. Why for the same bearing?.............Mike

/ Expensive JD parts Please Help #4  
Measure the bore, shaft size and thickness and size it up at a bearing shop. It's ridiculous how parts like seals and bearings are marked up when you go to a stealer. Friend of mine needed a wheel bearing on a trip for his Yamaha, stealer was $50 and it was a SKF bearing, bearing shop was $10. Why for the same bearing?.............Mike

It's one thing for a Dealer to overcharge.

It's another thing entirely for the OEM to design something so that you can ONLY use OEM parts.

JD is notorious for that

/ Expensive JD parts Please Help #5  
This is one of the key reasons I didn't buy green. There are far too many examples of things like seals being just a slightly enough different size so that competitive parts aren't available.

/ Expensive JD parts Please Help #6  
Has anyone found a source for John Deere oil seals? My 3320 has leaky seals on the front end that I want to replace. Don't want to sound cheap but 45 and 60+ dollars for a seal that should be under 10 is pretty hard to swallow. Thanks for any input.

What part numbers you looking for?

/ Expensive JD parts Please Help
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I checked ebay and amazon prices are pretty much the same. I appreciate that the seals can be measured and purchased from a supplier, just a shame the "stealer" doesn't provide specs in the parts manual. Of course then they wouldn't be able to charge their outrageous prices. I've been digging around on the internet looking for a site that would either cross part #s or provide specs. I like to try and have parts (software) on hand before I start taking things apart as I live about 2hrs from town. This may just be one where gotta disassemble first. Thanks again

/ Expensive JD parts Please Help #10  
Get a decent digital 6 inch caliper and with the measurements on hand shopping seals is much easier. ($20.00 or so at most sites)

Even when U go to an outfit like GBS (General Bearing Service) they simply mike out your old bearing or seal to get a match.