Extend or not to extend:Warranty

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #11  
9 times out of 10 I would say they are a sucker bet, but 5 dealer problems in 220 hours odds may be in your favor on this one.

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #12  
Every write up I have ever read says that extended warranties are not worth the price and it is a sucker bet to buy them. However if you have had major problems with that few hours, it might not be a bad idea if the coverage is worthwhile. Check the fine print very good before forking over the money.

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #13  
I got a letter that says I can extend my bumper to bumper warranty for three more years for $1407 , what is the consensus here?

Is the letter from CNH/New Holland? I get letters/mailers/etc. about extending auto warranties that are from third-party outfits. There is an added risk to third-party warranties that would cause me to avoid them in most cases. The manufacturer warranty extensions can be so expensive, it's like the first major repair is on you anyways.

Any idea what it would typically cost for a transmission rebuild or replacement?

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #14  
Well, hearing it's in the shop for a transmission problem, I change my mind. You should buy it. With no deductable that doesn't sound too bad.

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #15  
I'm with the others....If I'd had 5 shop visits in 220 hours I would definitely consider an extended warranty. While I am sure the consumer magazines are right about not buying extended warranties, my personal experience has been much more positive. Maybe it's because I don't blindly extend warranties on everything. I've extended the warranties on 2 out of my 3 cars. Both warranties have more than paid for themselves. I took into account the brand, reliability history, etc. before choosing to buy the warranties. Thinking back, the only warranty I never used was a 7 year warranty I bought with my travel trailer.....that was a lesson learned. Trailers are pretty simple, and most bugs get worked out within a year. Oh well, I'm still WAY ahead on warranties.

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty
Is the letter from CNH/New Holland? I get letters/mailers/etc. about extending auto warranties that are from third-party outfits. There is an added risk to third-party warranties that would cause me to avoid them in most cases. The manufacturer warranty extensions can be so expensive, it's like the first major repair is on you anyways.

Any idea what it would typically cost for a transmission rebuild or replacement?

It is a New Holland warranty I have attached the pdf for viewing.View attachment PPP Quote .pdf

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #17  
I'm not really a warranty guy, (my newest rig is a 1994 toyota pu), but my dad always argued for the warranty on the SECOND 100,000 miles rather than the first, he hasn't won that debate yet though. Sounds like in your case with a history of issues it might be worth the gamble.

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #18  
If you plan to keep it, I would go for it. 1400.00 for 5 years is pretty good.

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #19  
If you plan to keep it, I would go for it. 1400.00 for 5 years is pretty good.

It is actually $1400 for 3 years--he already has a 2 year warranty.

It is still worth it because of the numerous times this one has been back to the dealer for work.

/ Extend or not to extend:Warranty #20  
I'm with the others....If I'd had 5 shop visits in 220 hours I would definitely consider an extended warranty.

If I'd had 5 shop visits in 220 hours I'd be looking for a different tractor.