Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler
With a heavy heart, I bring the final update to this project. This has been scrapped. Several factors played into making that decision, a new truck being one of them. So the cab parts were drug out of the barn, hacked into pieces and hauled for scrap.

The new truck is a 2016 F250 crewcab shortbed, with the 6.2L gas motor. Its an XL trim truck, rubber floor mats, basic work truck, with only power windows, locks, and cruise control added, and that's all I wanted anyway. It had 67k miles on it when I got it, and with basic maintenance (oil, brakes, tires) it should last me many years.

Yes, I'm sad that the project truck is gone, but things change, and it's simply time for it to go. Maybe in a few years, I'll find a less rusty base to start with, and attempt this again.

Attachments

• 20200810_194049.jpg
    20200810_194049.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 124
  • 20200811_083322.jpg
    20200811_083322.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 129
  • 20200804_105923.jpg
    20200804_105923.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 134
   / Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #172  
With a heavy heart, I bring the final update to this project. This has been scrapped. Several factors played into making that decision, a new truck being one of them. So the cab parts were drug out of the barn, hacked into pieces and hauled for scrap.

The new truck is a 2016 F250 crewcab shortbed, with the 6.2L gas motor. Its an XL trim truck, rubber floor mats, basic work truck, with only power windows, locks, and cruise control added, and that's all I wanted anyway. It had 67k miles on it when I got it, and with basic maintenance (oil, brakes, tires) it should last me many years.

Yes, I'm sad that the project truck is gone, but things change, and it's simply time for it to go. Maybe in a few years, I'll find a less rusty base to start with, and attempt this again.

Oh well, congratulations on finding what you did want. I tend to be a sucker for red, even on a Ford :D

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #173  
I saw this pop up in my subscription feed hoping for a new update. Sorry it didn't work out but priorities and options change. At least you gained some space back.

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #174  
Peoples needs and priorities change. I don稚 blame you for quitting what looked like a very tough project. You got a very nice truck also.