Extended Warranty on Cub Cadet 1046

/ Extended Warranty on Cub Cadet 1046 #1  

jpmorgan12

Thanks to some assistance from this discussion group, I purchased a Cub Cadet 1046 today from TSC. I was even able to use a 10% coupon from Lowes. After trying two local TSC's, the second one honored it.

My Question: Do you recommend buying the Extended Warranty. Both TSC and Lowes offered a 4 year option for $250. That is the original 2 that comes from the manufacturer and two more.

Is this a worthwhile use of my $250? I guess it comes down to under normal usage can I expect to have repairs in years 3 and 4?

I hope that some of you can offer some insight. I'm on the fence and have only a few days to decide.

Please advise - - Get the $250 extended warranty on my Cub Cadet 1046, or save my money?

Thanks!

Jeff Morgan

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Extended Warranty on Cub Cadet 1046 #2  
NO. I would think that you purchased your CC with the thought that it is a quality machine. I NEVER buy the extended warranties for anything, period. SAVE YOUR MONEY!

/ Extended Warranty on Cub Cadet 1046 #3  
Statistic wise from published reports, you have more of a chance to use a service contract on a Cub than any other make than a Murray.

/ Extended Warranty on Cub Cadet 1046 #4  
You know I looked into the extended warranty at Lowe's.
The salesperson told me the same thing 2 yr's plus 3 more years for their $250 extended warranty.
I called the 1-800 # of the warranty place and asked them about that. They told me the extended started the day you buy it and run's concurrent with the manufacturer's warranty.
I am curious if anybody else found the same thing I did or if someone was misinforming me about how the warranty work's.
The warranty they offered me at Lowe's was thru AIG Warranty Gaurd.
Thanks Randy work's.
The warranty they offered me at Lowe's was thru AIG warranty gaurd.
Thanks Randy

/ Extended Warranty on Cub Cadet 1046 #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ..... They told me the extended started the day you buy it and run's concurrent with the manufacturer's warranty.
I am curious if anybody else found the same thing I did or if someone was misinforming me about how the warranty work's. )</font>

That's how any aftermarket extended warranty works. It starts the day you buy the warranty, so on a new machine, the 'extended' warranty doesn't even become active until the manufacturer's warranty runs out. A/M warranties can be a pain. Manys shops dont want to deal with them, so you pay out of pocket first, then battle with the warranty company to get reimbursed. IMHO- they are a waste for this machine.
G/luck
Joel

/ Extended Warranty on Cub Cadet 1046 #6  
I agree. When the salesman at Lowe's described the warranty
it sounded wonderful. When I got home and read up on it and called and talked to them about it at the 1-800#, I decided to pass on it.

/ Extended Warranty on Cub Cadet 1046 #7  
I wouldn't get the extended warranty. As long as you do not abuse your LT... I can't imagine you would have more than $250 worth of repairs in two years.