EXTENDED WARRANTY

/ EXTENDED WARRANTY #1  

Brimfield

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3800
I am at 100 hours and my warranty is about to expire. Does anyone know the price of getting the extended warranty? I really question getting it, everything works so well and my hours are low. Just got pallet forks so moving firewood out of the woods is better, I even used the back hoe to lift a large section of tree to cut it up away from rocks.

/ EXTENDED WARRANTY #2  
At 100 hours your tractor in barely broken in..In my opinion the extended warranty would be benificial to a user that racks up lots of hours in the 1st year or 2 and is likely to continue....Use the money to buy more toys.

Just my opinion.

/ EXTENDED WARRANTY #3  
I'm in the same position. MX 5100 with 65 hours after two years. Called my dealer for his opinion. He said to save my money.

/ EXTENDED WARRANTY #4  
Read the posts about Kubota's (or what ever tractor you may have) in this and other forums and look to see how many hours and how old the tractors are and how long you plan on keeping yours. Then you can make a choice on your own and not take what someone tells you. How many people will tell you the truth if they have a POS tractor. You need to check it out for yourself. I have read post where guys say in one post that they never had one problem with they tractor and a month later they are giving some advice about how to fix something that broke on their same tractor and how easy it was to fix and how much money they saved doing the work themselves. People lie all the time or forget the truth so they don't look foolish. Read your owners manual and follow it. Don't go cheap on no name brand filters/oils/hydro fluids, etc. always use OEM parts and your tractor will thank you with many years of trouble free service. PS Its not a bad idea to get a service manual for your tractor and if you keep long enough your kids or whoever gets your tractor will be able to fix it when it old.

Last edited:
   / EXTENDED WARRANTY #5  
The decision of getting an extended warranty (Exw) is yours in the end. Here is my two cents. I'm on my second Kubota. My 1st one was a 2002 BX22, which I used a lot, year round...and I mean a lot...an did not have the Exw. I wish I had. I traded it in on my B2620, which I also use year round. I have the FEL, belly mower, BH, front mount SB and blade, and many 3-point attachments. I had a few issues prior to the 2 year mark, so I purchased the Exw. I'm glad I did because the following week a metal hydraulic line gave out (covered under Exw). Last winter I lost the ability to rotate the SB chute to the right (Michigan 13-14 winter). Something let loose inside for the "bucket" roll function. Both of these breakdowns were covered, and have more than compensated for the Exw. There is my 2 cents on the subject.

/ EXTENDED WARRANTY #6  
Extended warranties offered from aftermarket companies should be steered way clear of. I deal with these weekly for auto repairs and usually they are fluff. The exceptions are the warranties offered from the manufacturer, these are usually very good. Example if you buy a new Ford buy the warranty from Ford.

A few weeks ago I was working on a vehicle that was just purchased (with a crap extended warranty) that needed a new A/C compressor, we started a claim with the company and they would only pay $45 dollars per hour set labor rate. They would not cover refrigerant or labor to discharge and recharge the system. The really bad part was that this company wanted to send me a USED part to complete the repair, now keep in mind they REQUIRE me to warrant said repair to them for 2 years AFTER they send me their piece of junk used part. I politely told them to pound sand, well maybe not so politely.

I was reading a different contract for a customer last week and this particular one would only cover ball joints IF they broke. Chances are my friend if you have a ball joint that breaks on a vehicle at speed you will be having an insurance claim. Also check the BBB website for complaints or use a search engine, lots of disgruntled customers voice their views online.

Read the contract line for line before you sign!

Good luck, Fred

Here's the Kubota link of the plan I would buy if I wanted the coverage.

Kubota Tractor Corporation - Extended Warranty