3-Point Hitch Extra holes

/ Extra holes #1  

graywarrant

Tractor
Kubota L3400
On my L3400, just above where the check chains attach to the frame there is a plate with three or four holes (one on each side of the bell housing).

Anyone know what they are used for?

Manual does not mention them, but you can almost see them in this diagram.
D9841903-5527-40C2-A5A0-2B3BD6C73EEC.jpeg

Ray

/ Extra holes #2  
I've found that a lot of parts are standardized across all sorts of things from vehicles to furniture to appliances and electronics. Holes or tabs may be used on some versions but not others. Mine has a couple of holes and cutouts in the dash cowling that have blank plates installed. No idea what they might be intended for. The holes you see may be used on some other model tractor or for some option you don't have. If they're placed right, you may be able to use them to mount something like a winch.

/ Extra holes #3  
The backhoe subframe attaches there if you decide to purchase a backhoe for the tractor

If you have a loader, the posts that stay ON the tractor when the loader is removed, has extra holes that are also used IIRC

/ Extra holes
Thanks for the responses - LD1 you were right on the money. After your post I did some digging on the mounting of the BH75 and that is where some of the BH frame members mounts.

Thanks for solving the mystery.

Ray

PS: I just realized I should have posted this in the Kubota forum...

Last edited: