Extra wire?

/ Extra wire? #1  

reb

Veteran Member
Tractor
YM1500D
Putting my YM1500D back together, I find an extra wire. It goes with the bundle (two other wires) toward the rear end. According to the schematic diagram in the parts manual, there should be two wires there, one to each light on the fenders. The schematic diagram shows three other connections (options, I assume) in dotted lines, but since I can't read Japanese I don't know what they are. Two of them apparently have light bulbs, tho there are none are on my tractor. This wire has a ring style connector on it, so I probably removed it when I took things apart.

Does anyone have any idea what electrical device might be at the rear?

/ Extra wire? #2  
Maybe a ground? :confused3:Ring type often used on grounds.

/ Extra wire? #3  
What color, and does it carry 12 volts? Where, exactly, does it end?

/ Extra wire?
I traced it until it disappeared in the channel inside a fender, where the wire for the turn signal goes. It does not seem to come out anywhere from there. I guess it could have been added by a previous owner for some now unused function. I just tied it back out of the way.

/ Extra wire?
Might be. A previous owner might have used it for that. I don't have one on the tractor. There is no switch anywhere.

/ Extra wire? #7  
My work light has it['s own switch. That's why I asked if it carries 12 volts, to be turned off/on at the light.

/ Extra wire? #8  
the tractors all have that wire whether or not there is a light. I assume mine is hot when the light switch is turned on?

I have a wire in my 2000 fender but have no light

/ Extra wire?
My work light has it['s own switch. That's why I asked if it carries 12 volts, to be turned off/on at the light.
That makes sense. It might have been connected to 12V before I disconnected it. I don't recall--I'm told that the memory is the second thing to go. I forgot what was first.

/ Extra wire? #10  
If it has a ring terminal chances are very good that it's an additional ground. Easy to test with a dmm on ohms, should read little to no resistance between it and ground.