Extreme rattle on new RTV

/ Extreme rattle on new RTV #1  

rtvman

Silver Member
Tractor
97' L35, 04' RTV900
Hello to everyone who loves their Kubota's like I do. I orignally posted this on the Kubota owning and operation Q&A section. Obiviously, this is where I need to be for RTV questions. Anyway, any RTV owners out there who have experienced very loud rattles at idle? Yes, I know it's a diesel and it will resonate some vibration, but what I have seems way out of line and localize to the bed and the screen on the back of the ROPS. Any solutions? sugestions? Also, I have read a few threads about foggy gauges. Mine too. Dealer is looking into it.

/ Extreme rattle on new RTV #2  
Other than typical first year bugs, like the fuel gauge that fogs up, tires that deflate, and sticky shifting linkage, I have not had any abnormal rattles. My biggest rattle is the bedliner at idle if the bed is empty. Other than that, the RTV is pleasantly quiet as far as a diesel UV goes. I've sprayed WD40 on the rear spring shackles because they started squeaking. You may want to find the source of your rattle because it likely is something loose. Big rattles do not seem to be normal on the RTV.

/ Extreme rattle on new RTV
Dargo, thanks for the reply. I do believe the main issue is with my bedliner. Does your bedliner still rattle? or did you find a way to fix it? Also, does your screen mounted on the ROPS rattle at idle too? I think I can correct that problem with some rubber washers on the mounts. What do you think? Anyone else have a solution? Thanks.

/ Extreme rattle on new RTV #4  
You could use some silicone adhesive/sealant under the bed liner, that should stop it from vibrating. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks Chuck! The gap I seem to have is mainly on the side walls where I am guessing it to be about 1/2". The silicon I would thick would have to bridge that gap in order to stop the noise. What do you thick? Kevin

/ Extreme rattle on new RTV #6  
Sounds like it would work. Either that or find some foam rubber to stuff in the gap. I use silicone for everything!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Extreme rattle on new RTV #7  
Kevin, mine does it too. Its part of the 'diesel mystique" /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif:)

I have a spray on lining. Its quiet as a mouse:)

Yeah, the spray on liner is what my dealer is recommending too. Thanks for the help. Kevin

My dealer suggested putting foam in between the walls but he then offered to put in a spray liner at no additional cost. I took him up on that! Thanks for your help! Kevin