Spreader EZEE FLOW SPREADER COLOR

/ EZEE FLOW SPREADER COLOR #21  
Thought I would show a pic of the EZ Flow I cut down to six feet wide. Not too hard of a project. The last pic shows the two foot sections removed from either side. I left the center section in tact....as that is where the beater bearings are located and it holds the mechanism for the shut off plates.

This week I'm going to clean it up and get it painted. Liming just got easier!

Attachments

• P1020508(1).JPG
    P1020508(1).JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 307
  • P1020509(1).JPG
    P1020509(1).JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 321
  • P1020511(1).JPG
    P1020511(1).JPG
    277.5 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
   / EZEE FLOW SPREADER COLOR #22  
This past spring I spread 14 tons of ag-lime with our ten foot EZ Flow. It pulled fairly well with a Kawa 400. The sixer should pull with a smaller ATV and allow application to our trails and pass through narrow places better. The pics show the operation.

Attachments

• P1020153(1)(1).JPG
    P1020153(1)(1).JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 254
  • P1020157(1)(1).JPG
    P1020157(1)(1).JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 275
  • P1020152(1)(1).JPG
    P1020152(1)(1).JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 262
   / EZEE FLOW SPREADER COLOR #23  
Looks like areally nice job of cutting it down, WOW.

/ EZEE FLOW SPREADER COLOR #24  
Thanks for the color update. With regards to the lettering, I made a template out of plexiglass to reestablish the lettering. It won't be perfect but it should be pretty close. By the way, I've spent a lot of time recently checking out your website for bottom plows. How's your current inventory? Any Ford 101's, or MF models available in decent condition? Probably looking at a 3-14 max. I think a 3-16 would be pushing it for a 50 HP tractor. I'm new to the moldboard plowing arena so any advice is appreciated.

Have several 3 bottom plows on hand currently. Ken Sweet

/ EZEE FLOW SPREADER COLOR #25  
This past spring I spread 14 tons of ag-lime with our ten foot EZ Flow. It pulled fairly well with a Kawa 400. The sixer should pull with a smaller ATV and allow application to our trails and pass through narrow places better. The pics show the operation.

Foggy, could you post some pics of your spreader's wheels?

Do you know if the bolt pattern is a common pattern and what pattern it is?

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/228454-ezee-flow-spreader-missing-wheels.html

/ EZEE FLOW SPREADER COLOR #26  
Foggy, could you post some pics of your spreader's wheels?

Do you know if the bolt pattern is a common pattern and what pattern it is?

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/228454-ezee-flow-spreader-missing-wheels.html

The wheels are spokies which have a specially designed hub to operate the agitators. They are held on by a single bolt.....which is also a shear bolt. (I have sheared one once when applying lime and I hit a tree.)

I took these pictures when I disassembled my spreader and cut two feet from both sides of the hopper - in order to turn a ten footer into a six footer.

I believe the pics detail the drive and hubs. Picture #2 shows the bearing block that is held in the center and it holds both agitators (which on my spreader are driven by the left and right wheels).

I show one pic below after making it narrower and getting paint applied. I show it hooked behind my tractor, but I can easily pull it with a four-wheeler as shown in the last pic.

Attachments

• P1020429(1).JPG
    P1020429(1).JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 217
  • P1020375(1).JPG
    P1020375(1).JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 217
  • P1020374(1).JPG
    P1020374(1).JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 230
  • P1020372(1).JPG
    P1020372(1).JPG
    162 KB · Views: 303
  • DSCN3726 (Small).JPG
    DSCN3726 (Small).JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 227
  • P1020151(2) (Small).JPG
    P1020151(2) (Small).JPG
    67 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
   / EZEE FLOW SPREADER COLOR #27  
The wheels are spokies which have a specially designed hub to operate the agitators. They are held on by a single bolt.....which is also a shear bolt. (I have sheared one once when applying lime and I hit a tree.)

I took these pictures when I disassembled my spreader and cut two feet from both sides of the hopper - in order to turn a ten footer into a six footer.

I believe the pics detail the drive and hubs. Picture #2 shows the bearing block that is held in the center and it holds both agitators (which on my spreader are driven by the left and right wheels).

I show one pic below after making it narrower and getting paint applied. I show it hooked behind my tractor, but I can easily pull it with a four-wheeler as shown in the last pic.

Thanks

You did a great job on cutting it down to 6'.

/ EZEE FLOW SPREADER COLOR #28  
Thanks

You did a great job on cutting it down to 6'.

Thanks. I hope you can figure a way to get yours operating. I got to thinking about the wheel hubs.....and that is going to be a challenge for you. IIRC about 2/3rds of the wheel hub rides on that outer, bolt-on section shown in picture #1 (which is about 3" diameter)......and 1/3 of the wheel hub is of smaller diameter and drives the agitator shaft (which is about 1 1/4" diameter).

I remember the inside of the hub was made with a bronze sleeve and it is a novel arrangement. There is one grease zerk in each wheel hub to feed either end. The tire size is unusual and in quite close relationship to the hopper in places....but I found some low-cost car tires to fit the wheels.

/ EZEE FLOW SPREADER COLOR #29  
Thanks. I hope you can figure a way to get yours operating. I got to thinking about the wheel hubs.....and that is going to be a challenge for you. IIRC about 2/3rds of the wheel hub rides on that outer, bolt-on section shown in picture #1 (which is about 3" diameter)......and 1/3 of the wheel hub is of smaller diameter and drives the agitator shaft (which is about 1 1/4" diameter).

I remember the inside of the hub was made with a bronze sleeve and it is a novel arrangement. There is one grease zerk in each wheel hub to feed either end. The tire size is unusual and in quite close relationship to the hopper in places....but I found some low-cost car tires to fit the wheels.

I have not purchased it yet, but I'm going to look at it Saturday.

I wonder if a guy could use a pickup's 4x4 spindle and hub to replace the Ezee Flow hub/spindle (your pic #1). The 4x4 hubs lock outs would let the wheel be disengaged from the spreader's agitator.

/ EZEE FLOW SPREADER COLOR #30  
I have not purchased it yet, but I'm going to look at it Saturday.

I wonder if a guy could use a pickup's 4x4 spindle and hub to replace the Ezee Flow hub/spindle (your pic #1). The 4x4 hubs lock outs would let the wheel be disengaged from the spreader's agitator.

Not sure about your suggestion....but my agitators do not disengage and just operate fine until I get to the area where I am going to spread lime. Then I just open the slide-gate and let the lime flow onto the ground as the spreader drops lime. When you slow down the spreader seems to slow the feed too....as the consistency of the lime generally requires the agitators to push the lime through the spreader. If I stop....so does the lime feed. You really don't need a disconnect.....unless you are traveling lots of miles with a hopper full of material....IMO.

You likely could have some hubs machined on a lathe to fit the EZ Flow and weld some car wheels to the hubs (?). I can see this working for food plotting and occasional use ( unless your going to use it over many miles of spreading) .

FWIW As for disengaging the agitators......there are a few models that do have this feature. (I think New Idea and John Deere had disengagements maybe others?) But most of the EZ Flow's have a continuously operated agitators.

Last edited: