f 2690

/ f 2690 #51  
I keep it in the normal position. In full time 4wd there is an indicator light that comes on in the dash. I'm just saying I can't tell any difference between the two positions which makes me wonder if something is not working correctly. For example, I have a tree that is on a slight slope. When I mow a tight clockwise circle around it and start going up the slope the RH (closest to the tree) tire will start to spin and I almost stop moving. It really tears up the grass. It does that in full time 4wd and the 'auto' positions.

I think I'll put it up on some jack stands this weekend and see if I can tell what is going on.

Sounds like mine have always done. Mine will tear up the grass on tight turns when the weight shifts to one side allowing the other side to slightly lift.

/ f 2690 #52  
Sounds like mine have always done. Mine will tear up the grass on tight turns when the weight shifts to one side allowing the other side to slightly lift.

I guess I just thought the 4wd would help push it. I know if I did the same maneuver in a 4wd tractor in reverse the front wheels would help push the tractor up and around the circle.

/ f 2690
I believe you must be stuck in full time 4wd. My mower does not spin the wheels at all on sharp turns. Today I put it in 4wd position and it did what you described. Keep us informed please.