F 3060

/ F 3060 #11  
Are those the bushings, one is worn badly - looks like they are metal or?

I know other members here will disagree and that's fine with me, but as a principle I will not tow anything with my F3060, in order to save it just for mowing.
For towing I have couple of tractors, pickup and ATV that can tow anything I need to.

For me the F3060 is just for mowing and trying to save the rear axle from any additional wear that's not necessary.

/ F 3060 #12  
about speed control, when depressing the pedal there's no resistance until these settings, 1st pic is fwd, 2nd reverse, all connecting points are tight/fine. Is this a matter of adj the rod length via 080?

There is no speed pedal resistance with the engine shut down, but should be some resistance when it's running.

Not sure if the speed control linkage in your F3060 is exactly the same as mine is, but there are several bushings and a tiny ball bearing that I ended up replacing all due to wear.
Its hard to see the linkage due to side frame covering it, but I would do my best to clean it up, check for wear and lubricate.

It looks like a challenge, but the linkage can all be removed and serviced without removing the framing.

Bushings.jpg

Speed Change Arm you are controlling with the pedal:
Speed Change Arm.jpg

Last edited:
   / F 3060 #13  
Arto,

I have not been able to locate a zerk fitting anywhere on the speed control pivots. The manual indicates that it requires grease, but the best I could come up with was spray some lithium grease in the general direction of the pivots.

Am I missing something there?

Doug

/ F 3060 #14  
Arto,

I have not been able to locate a zerk fitting anywhere on the speed control pivots. The manual indicates that it requires grease, but the best I could come up with was spray some lithium grease in the general direction of the pivots.

Am I missing something there?

Doug

Doug,
The item on the left hand side of item 1. is a zerk fitting and there is another one in the forward/reverse pedal bushing.

There is some type plastic bushing in-between the arm 9. and neutral adjustment 7. that was worn out in my F3060

1715462572682.jpeg

/ F 3060 #15  
Here is a pretty good drawing showing the speed control linkage with the two zerk fitting's approximate location marked!

Speed Control Linkage2.jpg

/ F 3060 #16  
Here is a pretty good drawing showing the speed control linkage with the two zerk fitting's approximate location marked!

View attachment 869442
Arto,

Boy, I have looked in that general area, but apparently not very well. How accessible are they? Thank you for posting this picture. I will try to be more thorough in my search.

Doug

/ F 3060 #17  
Arto,

Boy, I have looked in that general area, but apparently not very well. How accessible are they? Thank you for posting this picture. I will try to be more thorough in my search.

Doug

You are welcome, they can be accessed without removing anything, but a flashlight may be helpful.

/ F 3060 #18  
You are welcome, they can be accessed without removing anything, but a flashlight may be helpful.
Arto,

I must be blind...I just can't see where the zerk fitting is located. I assume it would be in the location indicated by the arrow....? Where there is... nothing?

IMG_0518.jpeg

I apologize for my apparent needy-ness.

Doug

/ F 3060 #19  
Looks like you have a different version!
I will get back to you when I'm back by my desktop PC little later.

Edit:

There were two versions according to spare parts manual and it looks like one of them may not have a zerk fitting in this area?

According to manual, cruise control version:
Version2.jpg

According to manual this was an option:
Version1.jpg

Last edited:
   / F 3060 #20  
Looks like you have a different version!
I will get back to you when I'm back by my desktop PC little later.

Edit:

There were two versions according to spare parts manual and it looks like one of them may not have a zerk fitting in this area?

According to manual, cruise control version:
View attachment 870129

According to manual this was an option:
View attachment 870130
Hmmm,

I am not aware that mine has the cruise control option. I have not noted any lever or knob or anything else that might engage/disengage the feature. I'll investigate that a little from my end.