F series vs BX series

/ F series vs BX series #11  
............... I found out there is a kit to adapt a newer deck to my F2100 (some leftovers)................

I replaced the deck shell on my F3060 last summer and would do that if the rest of your F2100 is still in good shape.
If you bought a conversion kit would you be able to reuse any of the old parts like the deck drive shaft, 90 degree gearbox, spindle assemblies etc. like I was able to reuse all of them?
If not, maybe you could sell them online to other F2100 users.

By the way, it looks like RC60-FZ21 deck shell (76578-41160) is still available for F2100 - not sure if that would work for you or not?

Kubota RC6-FZ21 Parts Diagrams

Snap 2018-03-20 at 08.44.45.jpg

I know it's expensive but you can not buy equal mower or tractor for that price, so it depends on condition of the rest of your F2100!

:2cents:

/ F series vs BX series
I turned the front tires around on my F2100 when I got it to increase the width and it made the machine lots more stable. Still love that machine. I too feel comfortable mowing sideways on it.

The new deck would be complete with the adaptors to hitch it up to my F2100. The deck would be about $3500.00

Last edited:
   / F series vs BX series #14  
I turned the front tires around on my F2100 when I got it to increase the width and it made the machine lots more stable. Still love that machine. I too feel comfortable mowing sideways on it.

The new deck would be complete with the adaptors to hitch it up to my F2100. The deck would be about $3500.00

Ouch!

$2200 for a new 76578-41160 deck shell sounds more reasonable!

/ F series vs BX series
I have decided to keep my F2100 and rehab the mower deck using composites to repair the holes in the deck and using Rust Grip (TM) to coat the underside of the deck. (Its interesting stuff) The repair will be just a few hundred dollars as opposed to thousands. In addition I will add the Kubota BX series tractor to also cut some grass and use it as a smaller tractor in my commercial produce garden. I use the "Bayou Gardner" technique of plant a row skip a row in my garden and the 48 inch rototiller will give me about 1/3 more rows than my 74 inch tiller, thus increasing the produce rows without enlarging the garden. Nunamaker Farms - Home

/ F series vs BX series #16  
Wished we lived close by, you put a lot of work into your gardens. My wife would love it.