3-Point Hitch F235 3pt not operating

/ F235 3pt not operating #11  
Harry, my wife lets me stay up until 10 pm sometimes :D:D:D
we are a couple of hours behind you, (pacific time).

The 2 different ufo controls do the same thing, they only look different.

We do have a bunch of controller's and hydraulic cylinders for the 3 point,
however you should try to fix the one you have there (cheaper).

Have you checked the ground wire yet ?

Harry, whenever I remove a hydraulic filter from an F model, I fill the new filter with hydraulic oil, then I screw it on, yes its messy, but it sure eliminates the problems.

/ F235 3pt not operating
Sure glad you have an understanding wife, but you were pushing it at 9:40 last night.

No, I'm a working guy during the day so I won't be able to hook everything back up and check for the hyd screen until this evening. I only had a chance last night to glance at it, but the screen cover did not jump out at me. It looks like I might need to remove a cover. Any suggestions for an F235? I believe you have one or two.

I've seen those rubber caps on the solenoid and will try pushing the plunger.

Good suggestion on the filter, but a little late. Will definitely do next time.

/ F235 3pt not operating #13  
Harry, before you remove the filter cap door, remove the hyd oil filter because im willing to bet that its dry inside.
Fill it with hydraulic fluid,(messy) and screw it back on,it might make the 3 point work up & down.:D

/ F235 3pt not operating
Sorry Ernie, too late, I didn't read this until I finished with the tractor. Now let me tell you all want I found.

I pulled the screen and found it remarkably clean. I replaced it and put back approx. 3 gallons of the drained hydfluid. I plan on adding more fresh fluid tomorrow.

After starting the tractor I tried the 3pt with the joystick control. It would not operate. I tried your suggestion with the solenoid buttons and it worked. The top cylinder raised the 3pt & the bottom one lowered it. I moved it up & down probably 10 times and tried the joystick every few, but the joystick never worked. I disconnected the wires between the joystick & the solenoid and was still able to raise & lower the 3pt. from the solenoid buttons.

I then tried pushing the buttons on the swing solenoid that had no wiring attached & found hydfluid leaking down the back of the casing. Each time i pressed the buttons more flowed. I will need to remove some brackets & framing to see where it is leaking. Since I do not use the swing is it possible to disable or discconnect it from the hydraulic lines?

The ground was secure from the control valve. Do you have any idea why the joystick would not operate? Would it possibly work after I finish filling with fluid? I don't see any broken wires, but I'm thinking of re-wiring since the current setup has a number of spliced sections.

/ F235 3pt not operating #15  
Harry, since it works manually:thumbsup: (push button) I still think its your ground wire,
The one that grounds on the fender.
Remove the wire, scrape it clean, and see what happens.....:confused:

/ F235 3pt not operating #16  
If you caught that fluid in a clean container (what i would have done) put it back in the tractor, its prolly cleaner than the inside of the tractor.

If not filled when you were working with it that may have not helped the problem.

/ F235 3pt not operating
Discussion continued on new thread "UFO joystick wiring F235"