Snow Attachments f2400 snowblower

/ f2400 snowblower #1  

19rocky44

Tractor
cubcadet 782d
After trying to find a used snowblower for my Kubota F2400 and not being able to sell my cub cadet 782d I asked myself if I removed the gear box reducer on the 190-450 cub snowblower and went directly into the 15" impeller of the cub blower with the f2400, 2500 rpm pto if the tip speed would be fast enough to remove and throw the snow a reasonable distance. I would need to reverse the rims on the tractor to narrow it enough to fit the width of the blower and also fabricate mount (hitch). Any thoughts or opinions would be greatfully received.
Roger

/ f2400 snowblower #2  
After trying to find a used snowblower for my Kubota F2400 and not being able to sell my cub cadet 782d I asked myself if I removed the gear box reducer on the 190-450 cub snowblower and went directly into the 15" impeller of the cub blower with the f2400, 2500 rpm pto if the tip speed would be fast enough to remove and throw the snow a reasonable distance. I would need to reverse the rims on the tractor to narrow it enough to fit the width of the blower and also fabricate mount (hitch). Any thoughts or opinions would be greatfully received.
Roger

Some comments after looking at the 782D on line.

The snow blower for that tractor appears to be a two stage unit.

That style of front mounted blower, when driven by a mid pto running at 2,500 rpm, will have a chain reduction box mounted on the back side of the blower to lower the fan speed down to around 540-600 rpm.

I do not know what happens on your specific belt driven blower.

If the gear box reducer you are thinking of removing, is in effect the chain reduction box I mention, then you need to leave it in place.

Before going too far with this verify the direction of rotation on your F as it is really a tractor driving backwards and I do not know how they deal with pto rotation direction.

Dave M7040

Attachments

• forum F blower.jpg
    forum F blower.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 97
   / f2400 snowblower
Some comments after looking at the 782D on line.

The snow blower for that tractor appears to be a two stage unit.

That style of front mounted blower, when driven by a mid pto running at 2,500 rpm, will have a chain reduction box mounted on the back side of the blower to lower the fan speed down to around 540-600 rpm.

I do not know what happens on your specific belt driven blower.

If the gear box reducer you are thinking of removing, is in effect the chain reduction box I mention, then you need to leave it in place.

Before going too far with this verify the direction of rotation on your F as it is really a tractor driving backwards and I do not know how they deal with pto rotation direction.

Dave M7040
Dave thanks for your reply. To answer your ? the gear reduction box on the cub blower is two meshing gears so it also changes rotation direction and the exit out of the second stage(impeller) is on the left side looking at it from the rear. The direction of the PTO of the f2400 is ccw looking at it from the seat which would make PTO direction correct for the snowblower with out the reducer box. Hope this info is clear enough. I am not good at explaining things

/ f2400 snowblower
Sorry for my mistake but PTO rotation is cw not ccw. I just proved I am not good at explaining myself!!
Roger