f2680 running problems

/ f2680 running problems #11  
Have you also checked the air cleaner? Maybe a mouse did something there? Just a thought.

/ f2680 running problems
Have you also checked the air cleaner? Maybe a mouse did something there? Just a thought.
I did check that and the air cleaner is fine.

The thing about this that gets me thinking its a base fuel delivery problem is the Kubota runs fine if I keep it at half throttle. Even under load (tall grass cutting) it chugs along just fine. But as soon as I go full throttle, the engine starts to bog down under load. If I am just cruising along without the deck engaged, it will eventually start to fall off or stumble until I lower the throttle....

Weird.

/ f2680 running problems #13  
Have u thought about a blockage inside the tank? It sounds like that there is a variable blockage that increases as suction on the fuel system increases. Can you see inside the tank with a flashlight? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Last edited:
   / f2680 running problems
Have u thought about a blockage inside the tank? It sounds like that there is a variable blockage that increases as suction on the fuel system increases. Can you see inside the tank with a flashlight? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet
That has crossed my mind. The view inside the tank is limited on the f2680 so I guess it's gonna be a "pull the tank" so I can get the pickup tube pulled and check for partial obstruction or blockage.

Will reply back with what I find,,,,,,,

/ f2680 running problems
Well the problem is DEFINITELY in the tank. While I haven't pulled the tank yet, I have discovered that the pickup tube going into the tank is "loose" in the sense that it doesn't take much effort to move it or begin to extract it from the rubber grommet it goes into.

Just doing a quick "wiggle" of the tube, and jumping on the mower resulted in a no problems running result.

And one other thing: One of the employees has (sheepishly) admitted that the other day (he can't recall how long ago this happened) he fueled up the f2680, went out and mowed for 4 hours, and upon returning to clean up and put away the mower, noticed he never put the cap back on after refueling!!!!!

Who wants to lay odds that the tank is going to be laden with grass clippings?