F3060 2 Micron Racor installation

/ F3060 2 Micron Racor installation #1  

arto98607

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota F3060, Grasshopper 721D, Ford 1310, John Deere 440 ICD, John Deere 300
I finally got around to it couple of months ago and replaced the secondary fuel filter on my F3060

Other members have done it and posted in TBN - thank you for the photos, they were helpful!

Obviously the factory setup works OK since my mower already has about 3700 hours, but I just did not like how there were two identical (probably 50 Micron?) filters in-series, one before the electric fuel pump and another one after it.

New Racor Secondary Filter:

IMG_6267.JPG

The original fuel filters:

Fuel.png

/ F3060 2 Micron Racor installation #2  
Nice install. I had to add an additional electric lift pump to my Racor install on my ZD1211. After bleeding the system the engine would run full throttle, but would starve for fuel when under load (one pump).The original pump has 1300 hours on it... I wonder if it was just getting a little weak? If I get (real) bored I may try running it with one new pump.

/ F3060 2 Micron Racor installation
Thanks,
Yes it's a pretty fine filter - mine has been OK so far and there is quite a bit of "extra" fuel returning back to the tank when engine is idling, which is very easy to check on this model.
No easy way to check the return flow when mowing and the engine is under load.

/ F3060 2 Micron Racor installation #4  
Arto,

It also looks like it would be easier to change than the hose barb filter. I like it.

Doug

/ F3060 2 Micron Racor installation #5  
Both my M9000's have them and my soon to be coming used F series will have one as well. Just good fuel insurance in my view.

/ F3060 2 Micron Racor installation #6  
Nice work.

Where did purchase your Racor at and what part number is it?

/ F3060 2 Micron Racor installation
Nice work.

Where did purchase your Racor at and what part number is it?
Thanks,
It is Racor 120 series with R12S (2 micron) filter, and they are easy to find at racorstore.com or marine parts store/supplier Bay, Amazon or etc.

Not sure where I bought mine since it's been sitting in a factory box on my garage shelve for many years.

There are many cheap almost identical looking Racor "clones", just be aware some of those seem to have a metric pipe-thread connections in the housing, which will complicate installation a little if you need to use standard 90* elbows etc. like you see in my photo.

IMG_6266.JPG

Racor_P VS. S VS. T.jpg

Racor R12S.jpg

Last edited:
   / F3060 2 Micron Racor installation #8  
Actually, I used IFJF bases with Racor filters and the IFJF bases aren't metric pipe thread but SAE. Heck of a lot cheaper than the Racor bases are btw. Bought mine on Amazon and all of mine have a fill plug on the top of the base so bleeding out air isn't an issue. I just use a Turkey Baster and fill them up and put the fill plug back in.

The IFJF bases accept the Racor filters as well as the clear bowls. In fact I used the supplied with IFJF bowl because mine came with a drain cock built in. Got one on each of my M9's and one on my diesel pickup truck and will soon have one on my F20 when I get it.

It's a Chinses copy but perfect in every way and the IFJF bases come with all the necessary fittings as well. I bought them about 2 years ago and I believe I paid under 30 bucks for each.

/ F3060 2 Micron Racor installation #9  
I see that Amazon is now offering genuine RACOR filters in various micron ratings down to 2 micron. Just enter RACOR filters in the search bar.

Just bought another IFJF base and a couple genuine Racor filters.

The IFJF clear bowls fit the Racor elements as well.

What amazes me is the negative reviews. People install them on gas powered engines and then the clear bottom bowl falls apart. For diesel only folks, not gasoline but then I guess people aren't too bright.

/ F3060 2 Micron Racor installation #10  
I put one of those on the Kubota BX I used to have which had the same crappy little factory filters you show.