F3060 2 Micron Racor installation

/ F3060 2 Micron Racor installation
......snip.......

What amazes me is the negative reviews. People install them on gas powered engines and then the clear bottom bowl falls apart. For diesel only folks, not gasoline but then I guess people aren't too bright.

Well misapplications happen sometimes when people do not pay attention and just assume something!
Many automatically / immediately blame the equipment.

RACOR certainly makes good filtration for marine gasoline applications which should work fine for any gasoline engine:

Gas.jpg

/ F3060 2 Micron Racor installation #12  
Obviously, the bowl is made from something that gasoline won't degrade unlike the diesel only ones. People don't bother reading the 'fine print' today and then whine when something fails.

Never had issue one with any gas powered motor in anything I have. The inline pleated filters seem to do a fine job in that respect. Diesel is another story, especially with equipment you fill the tank from the top or let the fuel sit in a half empty tank for a long period of time.

/ F3060 2 Micron Racor installation #13  
Arto... Did you have to install an extra 12 volt fuel pump to insure adequate fuel flow? Reason I ask is, I now have the IFJF base with a 2 micron Racor 2 micron spin on fuel filter on it that I'll mount where yours is mounted at. If you did install a second fuel pump, where did you put it and what brand and delivery pressure? OEM Kubota electric pumps are stupid expensive even with my employee discount.

/ F3060 2 Micron Racor installation
Arto... Did you have to install an extra 12 volt fuel pump to insure adequate fuel flow? Reason I ask is, I now have the IFJF base with a 2 micron Racor 2 micron spin on fuel filter on it that I'll mount where yours is mounted at. If you did install a second fuel pump, where did you put it and what brand and delivery pressure? OEM Kubota electric pumps are stupid expensive even with my employee discount.

I would check Facet brand small 12V fuel pumps for replacement if new pump was ever needed.

The original fuel pump has been perfectly adequate, and in F3060 it's easy to check the excessive fuel flow returning back to the fuel tank, but I have only checked it with the engine idling.

I just did over two hours of mowing yesterday and it worked fine.

PS.
It's easy to switch to Racor 12T (10 Micron) if pump capacity ever became a problem.

Racor_P VS. S VS. T.jpg Racor 12T.jpg

Last edited:
   / F3060 2 Micron Racor installation #15  
I have a few of the 10 micron filters on the shelf as I run them on my pair of Kubota M9's. Thanks for the information. Was going to buy a second electric fuel pump but I'll adopt a wait and see attitude at this point.

/ F3060 2 Micron Racor installation #16  
I have a few of the 10 micron filters on the shelf as I run them on my pair of Kubota M9's. Thanks for the information. Was going to buy a second electric fuel pump but I'll adopt a wait and see attitude at this point.
I like these spin on filters you guys have plumbed in (y)

I run a 10micron 3qt spin on filter with hydroZorb membrane for moisture on my 550gal tank.

Both mowers & 3 tractors gets filled from this tank weekly.

This setup was EXPENSIVE but I hadn’t replaced a fuel filter on any 5 units in 4yrs.
62230293321__3F2CFF6E-330F-4514-9EF8-25DE63711C5E.jpeg