F3680 differential lock

/ F3680 differential lock #1  

jar06896

Tractor
John Deere 110tlb
Just test ran an F3680 at a dealer locally, evaluating whether to purchase or not. When I first started it up and went to take it for a "ride", it would barely steer at all. The rear wheels turned as they should, but they just skidded around. It seemed like the differential lock was on, although I hadn't stepped on the pedal. After moving it around for a bit, and stepping on the diff lock pedal a few times, it seemed to free up somewhat, and turned better. Has anyone that owns/runs a 3680 ever had this problem? The machine sat for close to 3 months or more outside before I started it and ran it. I'll also note the machine had a blade on the front, and no counterweight on the tail. Based on the parts breakdown I looked at, the assembly appears to be a clutch that slides on a shaft, I wondered if it could stick. Just trying to get potential thoughts before I commit to this package...

/ F3680 differential lock
For what it's worth, the external linkages appeared to be moving freely, I'm assuming it could be internal, as if the clutch bound up. I'm just looking for thoughts, I don't want to get into trouble with it after purchasing, if we make a deal on it

/ F3680 differential lock #4  
For what it's worth, I had a full set of weights on my F3680, took them off as a test on mowing slopes, and found it worked better without the weights.

/ F3680 differential lock #5  
It may have been in 4wd not the auto assist position. On firm ground the rear will drag.

The lever was set in the assist position; unless there was an internal issue there. I think the clutch hung up on the shaft and wasn't releasing, but I'm new to these machines, so I'm not sure. Low hours and many attachments, so I'm hoping we figure it out.

Ok, so I took a gamble and bought the package. I've figured out the problem is when the machine turns left. Right is perfect and tight, but to the left the inside front tire doesn't slow enough, so it spins or tears as you turn, basically like the differential isn't working right. Anyone have any thoughts?

2wd, absolutely positive the 4wd lever is in "on demand", not locked.

/ F3680 differential lock #10  
Is there a 2wd only option? I wonder if it's thinking that a wheel is spinning and locking it into 4wd.

Aaron Z