F725 fuel pump

/ F725 fuel pump #1  

dvan1966

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B6200DT
I have a F725 with a Kawasaki FD590V engine. I started it up today after sitting all winter and had fuel spraying out the weep hole in the fuel pump. What would cause this? Is there a fix or do I buy a new fuel pump. I googled the pump and prices are anywhere from mid $20's all the way up to $165.

/ F725 fuel pump #2  
I have a F725 with a Kawasaki FD590V engine. I started it up today after sitting all winter and had fuel spraying out the weep hole in the fuel pump. What would cause this? Is there a fix or do I buy a new fuel pump. I googled the pump and prices are anywhere from mid $20's all the way up to $165.

The fuel pump on your engine is a mechanical type. It is operated by a cam on the cam-shaft. There is a diaphragm in the pump that moves and causes the fuel to flow. As the diaphragm ages, it may break and thus allow fuel to leak out of the vent opening.

I believe that your fuel pump is located directly above the exhaust pipe. There have been many reports of these tractors starting on fire due to the fuel leaking onto the exhaust pipe. I strongly suggest that you DO NOT use your trator until you have replaced the fuel pump.

Replacing the pump should be rather easy. I can not give you any advise as to what pump to buy.

Richard

/ F725 fuel pump
Luckily there is a guard that keeps the gas spraying on the muffler. I bought a Stens fuel pump for $100 less than a JD fuel pump.

/ F725 fuel pump
I just installed the new pump. It runs great. Instead of a weep hole there is a tube that comes out of the bottom. It runs great, no spraying fuel. But when I turn it off, fuel drips out of the tube.

/ F725 fuel pump #5  
I just installed the new pump. It runs great. Instead of a weep hole there is a tube that comes out of the bottom. It runs great, no spraying fuel. But when I turn it off, fuel drips out of the tube.

Are you sure that you installed it correctly ?

What make and model pump did you buy ?

As the pump is operated by a push rod, if the pump is installed without the proper spacers, the pump diaphram could be damaged by over activation.

Richard

/ F725 fuel pump
Are you sure that you installed it correctly ?

What make and model pump did you buy ?

As the pump is operated by a push rod, if the pump is installed without the proper spacers, the pump diaphram could be damaged by over activation.

Richard
It is installed correctly. It is a Stens aftermarket pump. There are no spacers, just a gasket. It just drips a little after shutting off. I emailed Stens and they said it could be a defective pump. I ordered it on Amazon and they are sending a replacement.

/ F725 fuel pump #7  
It's good that the Amazon seller is standing behind the product that he sold you. Good luck with the replacement.

/ F725 fuel pump
I replaced the fuel pump, mowed yard for about a half hour and it sputtered and died, it started back up mowed for another half hour, the same thing. Started back up and once it started sputtering I put it up to full choke and it ran fine. Attached is a picture of the fuel filter that hardly has any fuel in it while the tractor is running. I've never noticed in the past how much fuel is in there while it's running.
20240408_131757.jpg

/ F725 fuel pump #9  
Do you have the filter placed in the correct direction of the fuel flow ?

/ F725 fuel pump
Do you have the filter placed in the correct direction of the fuel flow ?
Yes, I did not have to remove the filter in order to replace the fuel pump,