Facebook ads.

/ Facebook ads. #1  

John White

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030
I have noticed in the last few weeks a couple ads popping up on Facebook. Listing a new mini track hoe (about the size 0f a riding lawn mower) and now I see a little dozer. All are listed under $100 with limited amounts available. Evidently they come from a retailer. Whats the catch? Anyone check it out?. They don't give much info.

/ Facebook ads. #2  
Scams. Lots of cons and crooks out there. If they can get you to respond they'll start asking for pieces of info about you until they have what's needed to cheat you, steal from you, or actually steal your identity.

/ Facebook ads. #3  
I am using Facebook marketplace a lot and never met any scammers there, only positive experience. I know people complain a lot about facebook and bags lately but it saved my business so i am very grateful for that. I discovered for myself savemyleads and facebook ads as the best way of promotion. I am sure people who use it for the same purposes will agree with me.

Last edited:
   / Facebook ads. #4  
It's leftover equipment from some Nigerian prince, who needs your help in disposing of it. If you just send them a small check, to cover processing fees, they will let you have the pick of the litter on the equipment.

Or...

Maybe it's a scam.

/ Facebook ads. #5  
I usually ask for a specific picture- a manufacturer's nameplate, a view, or a closeup. Scammers can't do it and ignore me and that's a good thing.

I've seen big, rolling toolboxes for $100 and a carfax check on a vehicle showed a discrepancy of 150,000 miles. 😲 First I learned that digital odometers are easily altered.

/ Facebook ads. #6  
I am not on Facebook and am finding the exact opposite problem; many businesses as well as some small towns use the platform for their website. Since I don't belong I'm excluded... so go somewhere else.

/ Facebook ads. #7  
The scams are pretty easy to spot.

My limited experience is it attracts every flake around. No matter how you word the ad you will get people messaging you at 3 am asking if you will take half the asking price. Can you deliver. So on and so on. Just ridiculous questions and stuff.

The last thing I sold on there was a motorcycle. Went through months of flakes before a serious buyer came along.