Factory Fresh 5085M

/ Factory Fresh 5085M
If I can ever get the internet connection back up I'll look at that and let yall know what I find. The hitch seemed Heavy Duty to us but now you got me guessing. Hope I didn't ignore pclausen's statement! I thought the telescoping ends distinguished the HD from Standard..?

/ Factory Fresh 5085M
Well I got the connection back up and went to the link you posted....bad news. I should have paid closer attention to pclausen and you just reinforced it!! Dad has the standard telescoping hitch when he clearly ordered the Heavy Duty. I mean the standard is probably more than adequate but he paid for the HD!! Thank you for pointing that out!!! Thank you pclausen too!! After the holidays I'm sure Dad will let the Dealer know of the mixup. This Forum is really GREAT!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

/ Factory Fresh 5085M #43  
Nice job adding the flat face couplers, just unplug the hoses if you need the AG couplers.

What sizes are the R4s?

As for options, I like how (on the JD 6415) it goes into 4wd when you brake

/ Factory Fresh 5085M
Can't remember R4 size. Maybe 19.5l by 24? I'll look. Just finished going back and looking at the thread from all you guys about the standard duty hitch and telescoping arms. I mean I sat in the office with Dad and the salesman and heard Dad ask at least 2 times about the heavy duty hitch and the salesman said it would have it. I think Dad has the same situation pclausen had... Larger lift cylinders with standard lift components. Nice...Like most who order the "Heavy Duty" M series, Dad thought naturally it would have All Heavy Duty components. I guess we have another issue on their behalf to fix. We'll see. But yeah the MFWD has 3 options which is pretty cool. And an electrohydraulic locking rear differential button in the floorboard. Has some cool features for sure. I'm still impressed with the electrohydraulic hitch controls myself. Very nice. Oh and yeah we just decided to fab a bracket and keep the Ag couplers because we were spending too much time trying to match the flat face coupler masts to the connection originally going to the Ag connections. Doubt the Ag's will ever be used but they're there if he needs them. We tried JD and Parker but no luck with Ag to Flat conversion on FEL. Thought about adapters that plug in directly but they stuck out too far so we went with "pigtails"... or so we called them. Work great so far. There is one unfortunate thing about the FEL. If your implement or bucket is not sitting higher than ground level or on a trailer or something the hookup is terrible. Need 2 people. Operator can't see the hookup so far in front of and below the hood. I mean I have 20/20 vision and it's hit or miss. Poor Dad don't stand a chance being legally blind. We even looked at a camera system..haha. Dad said "forget it"! I said..."get the attachments up higher on a raised stand or something. But we've almost decided he'll be using a bucket most of the time anyway. That loader sticks way on out there. The tractor is way more enjoyable without the FEL imo. More compact and more agile. But the FEL is a very nice tool!

Last edited:
   / Factory Fresh 5085M #45  
But the FEL is a very nice tool!

The understatement of the year. I can't imagine ever taking mine off. Yes if I was haying and there was another tractor there with loader and bale tongs to do those tasks my tractor would be handier tedding and raking hay without the loader mounted. or if I had a week or two of steady field work where the loader was just wasting fuel I would park it, but I don't expect anything like that anytime soon. Meanwhile working in my woods I find it just what the doctor ordered every hour I'm out there.

/ Factory Fresh 5085M #46  
There is one unfortunate thing about the FEL. If your implement or bucket is not sitting higher than ground level or on a trailer or something the hookup is terrible. Need 2 people. Operator can't see the hookup so far in front of and below the hood. I mean I have 20/20 vision and it's hit or miss. Poor Dad don't stand a chance being legally blind. We even looked at a camera system..haha. Dad said "forget it"! I said..."get the attachments up higher on a raised stand or something. But we've almost decided he'll be using a bucket most of the time anyway. That loader sticks way on out there. The tractor is way more enjoyable without the FEL imo. More compact and more agile. But the FEL is a very nice tool!

I've got the SS quick-attach on my 5075M. And the 563 self-leveling loader. It's alot of loader... it sticks waayy out there and the loader arms (with the SL) are a real challenge to see anything when you're hooking up forks, grapple bucket, etc. Seems like the only way I can reasonably "hit the mark" on the bucket, etc. is to look at the outside edge of the loader attachment plate and the outside edge of the SS plate on the bucket, etc. If I get them lined up it's good - if not - well, it's try and try again...

I agree on the "nimbleness" of the tractor without the loader! I drop mine off quite a bit during the field season (mowing, baling). Much easier to work along fence lines, etc. without the loader - IMO.

Couldn't live without the loader, though. Cleaning up the corrals, maintaining the farm roads and driveways (probably add 10-12 yards of new D1 (3/4 minus) to my place every other year and then major snow plowing all winter! Gotta have a FEL.

Good luck with your dealer and the 3pt hitch. Hopefully, they'll convince mother Deere to "do the right thing" and it won't be a drawn out PITA.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. And a happy New Year to fellow TBN'ers.

AKfish

/ Factory Fresh 5085M #47  
Just ordered our new 5085 M yesterday. 2WD open station, upgraded triple rear remotes, power reverser. Kind of a rushed deal, never got to operate one. Theres not a lot of 2wd open stations out there to try anyway. It is a lot of tractor for what it will be doing, but happy operators will mean quality work, and it should last and hold its value. . I saved 5k with a competitive bid.

Happy new year-

/ Factory Fresh 5085M
Sounds like a really cool machine with alot of power on tap and you got a great deal to boot. That setup should be a real work horse that lasts a very long time. I don't think you'll have a problem pulling pretty much any implements or hay equipment. Congrats!! Post some pics!!

/ Factory Fresh 5085M #49  
I like the coupler mount on the front. Another option is these adapters I picked up at my local Bobcat dealer. They said they sell a lot of them as part of their attachment rental business; people want to use Bobcat attachment on machines with Pioneer couplers. They have both options, male Pioneer to female Bobcat and female Pioneer to male Bobcat. They set me back about $50.00 each. I don't think I could buy the couplers and connectors to make up adapters for that. Use them for my grapple.

IMG_0745.jpgIMG_0746.jpg

Jack

/ Factory Fresh 5085M
Yeah those would have been a little cheaper and easier. I think we have about $140 or more in the pigtails set up. We couldn't find the replacements that had the right masts for the ag style and JD dealer couldn't help by changing them. No luck with Parker either. Basically we decided any adapters would probably stick out there a bit too far with the hoses connnected so we ended up just making a bracket and building some pigtails. The setup looks pretty cool but I was trying to keep it a bit simpler by changing the hook ups all together or using the adapters you show. Didn't even cross my mind to check with bobcat...and we even have a model 773 bobcat. Which by the way is amazing in itself. Dad brags on the bobcat as much as his new 5085M believe it or not! Bad little machine!!