Factory headlight switch

/ Factory headlight switch #11  
Anyone with either a 2815HST, 3215, or 3215HST have a 3 position headlight switch? The owners manual says that the headlight switch is 3 position. Off, dash-running lights, head lights including all lights. Oh and a dimmer switch for the high-low beams that I don't have either.:( My 3215HST tractor has a 2 position on-off switch. I was just wondering if any of you had a 3 position light switch. Maybe the 16 series has the 3 position switch? It would be nice to only have the dash lights on without having the headlights bouncing off of the fel bucket while driving. I can see great with my canopy lights, maybe I need to just cut the headlight wires.

My 2615 has the 3 position headlight switch (off-dash-headlights) and a separate toggle on the dash for high or low beam and a push on/off switch for hazard flashers. According to my book which only covers the 2015,2615,and 3015 they all take the same switch. I don't know about the 3215. You could just unplug the tractor lights rather than cutting wires. Maybe Galen can fill you in when he sees this.

/ Factory headlight switch #12  
Well the manual says that it is for a 2815HST, 3215, 3215HST and as far as dimming the lights, I'm guessing that they are talking about high beam and low beam that we don't have.:( Have you noticed that there are blank spots on the reflector housing for additional lights that they do not use? Maybe a place for turn signals, but are not used?

Yes, I call them side lights or markers. Took some pics today from inside and outside the hood. If you can find the right size bulb sockets looks like you could twist them right in.

Attachments

• sidelight socket-front.JPG
    sidelight socket-front.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 118
  • sidelight socket-rear.JPG
    sidelight socket-rear.JPG
    471.4 KB · Views: 132
   / Factory headlight switch
My 2615 has the 3 position headlight switch (off-dash-headlights) and a separate toggle on the dash for high or low beam and a push on/off switch for hazard flashers. According to my book which only covers the 2015,2615,and 3015 they all take the same switch. I don't know about the 3215. You could just unplug the tractor lights rather than cutting wires. Maybe Galen can fill you in when he sees this.

George, could you get a picture of your headlight switch and post it. I wonder if your type of switch is interchangeable with what I have. I really would like to have a 3 position switch, but want it still to look original.

I'm probably just to picky letting some of this meaningless stuff bother me. :ashamed:

/ Factory headlight switch #14  
Attached is my headlight switch pic. 3 positon Off- Park- Lights. above it is a push button switch for flashers and a toggle for high/low beam. (As you can see the tractor is outside and its raining). Lever with white dot is for turn signals. Looks totally different from yours.

Attachments

• Light Switch [640x480].JPG
    Light Switch [640x480].JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 136
George, thanks for the picture, although the switch does look different, it would still look OEM and I think that it would be a better set up. The way mine is now, I sometimes bump the switch with my knee and turn the turn signal on. Without going back outside, how far do you think that the switch actually sticks out from the dash?

Just got off the phone with my dealer, the light switch and knobs for a 3015 is $93. :eek: So I guess for right now anyway I will be happy with what I have. :D

/ Factory headlight switch #17  
Switch sticks out about 3/4"-1". I have also unknowingly hit the turn signal lever with my knee. Not so much a problem for guys with shorter legs. I mentioned to a friend of mine that he wouldn't have that problem since he has shorter legs. He said," what do you mean short legs, they reach the ground don't they."