Fan belt problem broke on L39.

/ Fan belt problem broke on L39. #1  

yekrut

Silver Member
Tractor
Bolens (Iseki Deisel) G214
Hello all,

I've been busy getting the new L39 broke in. Put about 45 hrs on her in the past 10 days. Been real happy. I'll post some project pics here when I get a chance. Saturday afternoon I busted the the fan belt. I was in the middle of pulling a big cherry log/root ball out of the creek. Not sure what caused it but I'm concerned with damage that may of happened to the engine when she overheated. I heard it go and shut her down as soon as I could maybe 10 seconds. When I shut her off the engine was gurgling and antifreeze was running out the bottom. I'm waiting for the dealer to get back to me but interested if anyone has any insight on checking systems for damage related to the overheating. Appreciate any thoughts? Thanks.

/ Fan belt problem broke on L39. #2  
Sorry to hear about your problem.

Seems unlikely the engine would overheat so quickly after the belt broke. Is it possible the screen in front of your radiator is full of grass and the engine was already overheating before the belt broke?

Neil

138 fairly hard hours on my 06 L39 and no issues other than the above mentioned screen caused the machine to overheat on day one.

/ Fan belt problem broke on L39. #3  
10 seconds without a fan won't hurt anything! Put a new belt on and get back to work! :D

Any idea why she snapped in the first place?

/ Fan belt problem broke on L39.
Taiser said:
10 seconds without a fan won't hurt anything! Put a new belt on and get back to work! :D

That's what I'm hopin' to do.

Any idea why she snapped in the first place?

Not sure but it may of been the result of some work I was doing the other day. I was working over some brush I'd cleared with the brush hog. Doing some FEL work. I'd back up over a shoot the BH missed and it poke through from underneath and hit the fan. Made a crazy noise. I stopped and checked it out but the fan looked fine and she was running well no leaks, etc... It may of nicked the belt too and after another 10 hrs or so the belt wore out. That's all I can think of. I was pushing her pretty hard at the time she broke but I wouldn't think that alone would of done that to the belt.

/ Fan belt problem broke on L39. #5  
I was BHing in some brush the other weekend and something popped the belt off. I noticed the guages were pegged. Not sure how long but it hadn't whistled yet and only a little dribble coming out of the overflow so it couldn't have been long but I was running at PTS speeds. I popped the belt back on and brought it back up to speeds working. It quickly went back down to 160.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Rob