fan guard for bx 25

/ fan guard for bx 25 #1  

tom correa

Tractor
kubota BX25
So I ordered the fan guard from Bro Tek after reading all of the horror stories about having the fan blades broken off. I haven't received the guard yet but I was looking under my brand new BX 25 yesterday to see how difficult it may be to get under it and lo and behold, my new 25 has a fan guard installed from the factory already. Does anyone have any experience with this guard yet? Should I send the new Bro Tek back when it arrives? Not sure if one is better than the other. But $180.00 is a lot for something I may not need.
Tom Correa

Last edited:
   / fan guard for bx 25 #2  
I still would like to know how people are killing the fan...To me, if you killed if you should have bought the next B-size...

Watching this thread since I would like to know.

/ fan guard for bx 25 #3  
You have a "Fan Guard". BroTek makes a skidplate. When you get it you will see the difference. If you ever operate in brush the "Fan Guard" isn't going to protect you like the BroTek product will. Would you play hockey with just a mouthguard? Or would you rather have a helmet?

/ fan guard for bx 25 #4  
I agree but I used my bx in a 1/2 acre + in all tree cut down and I did not think the unit should be running over trees etc.

I would like to see pix of both.

/ fan guard for bx 25 #5  
If you never operate around brush, you don't have a problem. The factory guard should be adequate. Just don't stray off your lawn!!

/ fan guard for bx 25 #6  
You have a "Fan Guard". BroTek makes a skidplate. When you get it you will see the difference. If you ever operate in brush the "Fan Guard" isn't going to protect you like the BroTek product will. Would you play hockey with just a mouthguard? Or would you rather have a helmet?

I don't play hockey with my BX... nor do I wear a helmet while operating the BX... I don't even wear the seat belt, and I am alive to talk about it.. :D

/ fan guard for bx 25 #7  
The older BX went naked for years. This year Kubota briefly had a very small guard, which they quickly replaced with a much larger guard. It is pretty good for the average user. Photo attached.

But if you play logger or rough country ranger with your BX, the full body armor of the Bro is what will be required. I also agree that such a user might better have considered a B series with higher ground clearance and no fan at all.

This decision is based on one's usage and entirely one's own to make.

Last edited:
   / fan guard for bx 25 #8  
If you decide to keep the BroTek you could always sell your OEM guard. There might be someone here who would give you $25 for it. They could order a new one from Kubota for $40.

/ fan guard for bx 25 #9  
Uh; looked at the B and didn't like it for my use; why buy a tractor that doesn't fit your needs and pay a couple thousand more when you can pay $180 for a Bro Tek skid plate for the BX.

/ fan guard for bx 25 #10  
Uh; looked at the B and didn't like it for my use; why buy a tractor that doesn't fit your needs and pay a couple thousand more when you can pay $180 for a Bro Tek skid plate for the BX.

You embedded a question there and sure, I'll give a measured answer.

For you? Apparently no. But for others? A skid plate protects but doesn't add an inch to ground clearance.
The OP, however, is asking a different question. Is the OEM guard good enough? The answer is impossible to answer with absolute certainty. The answer is completely dependent upon how the user intends to put his BX to task and under what conditions. It's that simple and that complex. The answers given have been solid advice.