fan guard for bx 25

/ fan guard for bx 25 #11  
Is the OEM guard "good enough?" In a word...no, because there's always the possibility of that chance sapling/brush encounter, multiplied by the lower BX ground clearance. A skid plate is cheap insurance. Yes, I know, if you never remove the mower, you don't need one...but we're talkin' BX TLBs here...:D

/ fan guard for bx 25 #12  
I had my BX24 for 1 1/2 years and never thought about it until reading the horror stories on here and other boards. I dont venture off too often but when I do I go into the thick brush. I have been lucky and no damage but this year I made sure santa brought me a skid plate. 180 for the plate or 500 or more to repair a broken fan. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.

/ fan guard for bx 25 #13  
Tom- I would put the brotek on. No questions asked. The kubota installed fan guard I agree has some sort of protection, but IMHO is not enough to prevent a dinky little $20 plastic fan from breaking that requires hours to replace properly not to mention cost of another person to do it. Whats wrong with using both for protection ?

/ fan guard for bx 25 #14  
I recently bought both front and rear Bro-tek skid plates for my BX2660 and have no regrets, they are very well designed, go on and off easily, provides outstanding protection for the underbody, price for both was $280 shipping included, you can't put a price on peace of mind.

BX2660, brush guard, fel, 60''mmm, ballast box, Bro-tek skid plates

/ fan guard for bx 25 #15  
I recently bought both front and rear Bro-tek skid plates for my BX2660 and have no regrets, they are very well designed, go on and off easily, provides outstanding protection for the underbody, price for both was $280 shipping included, you can't put a price on peace of mind.

BX2660, brush guard, fel, 60''mmm, ballast box, Bro-tek skid plates

Agreed, in addition to the front and rear plates, I also got the steering linkage protection for my BX2660. I used my BX2200 for six years without damage, but all it takes is one errant stick to screw it all up and like you point out, the cost is worth the peace of mind.

/ fan guard for bx 25
I really appreciate all of the input regarding whether I should go with the Bro Tek skid plate. I will install it when it arrives and not worry about my fan blades anymore. Thanks all and Happy New Year to everyone.
Tom