Farm King tractor

/ Farm King tractor #1  

milkman

Elite Member
Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
Tractor
BX2200, BCS 735
I was visiting the Rural King store in Owensboro last week and they have sold Chinese tractors for quite a while and the last ones I saw there a couple of years ago were, I don't know how to say this any other way, rough and crude. They had a tractor there with a cab so I went over and checked it out, WOW I was really surprised, 4 cyl turbo 70hp Perkins, at least that is what it said on the oil filter, 4WD, 2 sets of rear remotes, AC, lights and mirrors, and the fit and finish was amazing compared to the former tractors I had seen there . The price was $16999. If I needed a tractor that size, I'd sure be tempted.

Forgot to post the link.
http://ruralking.com/netflyer/trac70hp_spec.htm

/ Farm King tractor #2  
milk, I've seen that tractor at the Owensboro RK and thought the same. Across the bridge in Evanstucky (Evansville), I've spoken with the RK there and have asked them several times about who will do their warranty and normal repair work. That seems to be the only big drawback yet. They can't tell me. How about the Owensboro RK?

/ Farm King tractor
Dargo,
I didn't see a shop there, but according to the 6 mo. warranty, the work would be handled by RK maybe they farm it out from the store. The warranty is extendable also. I plan on going back next week, just to look around some more, I'll check on where the warranty work is done.

/ Farm King tractor #4  
Hmm, I have not been to other Rural Kings but the one here in Clarksville, TN has a large service department with several of their tractors in it being worked on at any particular time.

I had assumed they were all that way, but possibly the Clarksville store acts as a hub to support some of the other stores around it? I will ask.

When I was looking at them, they said that they did all warranty work.