Farm Pro Quick Hitch - A Speeco?

/ Farm Pro Quick Hitch - A Speeco? #1  

narcnh

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7800
I know there has been a lot of talk on the forum about quick hitches and I’ve looked through the archives. I am inclined to go with the Speeco Quick Hitch, in part because I kind of chafe at the thought of having to buy a new piece every time I get a new attachment, like with the Freedom Hitch, and in part because I’ll have to get off the tractor, anyway, either to attach a PTO or to adjust a rear blade or whatever. So, the ‘pull up and go’ promise of the Freedom and others like it doesn’t really matter to me. It would be great, if it worked like that, but life, at least mine, is never that simple.

Anyway, I understand from past posts that the Northern Freight QH is the Speeco unit. But, does anyone know if the Farm Pro unit is the same? It sure looks the same from the pic on their website (including the yellow sticker on the side) and the price is a LOT less, only $89.99. I’ll bet it doesn’t come with the adapter, but I can get that from Speeco, if it is the same main unit.

Does anybody have the Farm Pro model or know who makes it for them? If not, is there a 'best place' to purchase the Speeco unit?

Farm Pro Quick Hitch Link:
http://www.homier.com/itemdetail.asp?i=03986&browse=no

/ Farm Pro Quick Hitch - A Speeco? #2  
Write Homier a note and ask where it is made. That may tell you a lot.

Something else to think about is what the shipping will be as compared to visiting the local farm store to buy one with easy return abilities.

/ Farm Pro Quick Hitch - A Speeco? #3  
I recently bought a farm pro from a homier tool show. it does come with the adapter and one set of bushings for your implements.
I took the link pin that was with it and drilled it out to use a bigger clip pin.
so far i have been happy with it. seem to be built very well and yep it looks the same as the one in northern tools catalog.

and the total cost with tax was $96.00. alot better than any prices i had seen.

/ Farm Pro Quick Hitch - A Speeco?
thanks for sharing, soarkrebel. glad to know it is solid. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hoosier Daddy, I registered with Homier to get a shipping charge for the unit and it is around $35 to get it out to NH. Kinda figured it would be. So, about $125 delivered. In registering, I've asked to be notified if they come to the area, but somehow I don't get the feeling they come this far east very often. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I won't need the hitch until the spring, so I can wait a while. BTW, HD, I can't help responding to your nick with a hearty "Joe Mama!" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Farm Pro Quick Hitch - A Speeco? #5  
Narcnh,

The Homier HQ is here in the County where I live. I was goofing off today and visited their home store. Opened up one of the quick hitch boxes and took a look. That unit is now on display.

The unit is heavy. Looks like the Speedco unit and had a lousy black paint job. The friend with me said "it looks heavy enough. Must be some of that real heavy Chinese steel".

One other thought though. I am not sure of the difference of the 3 points between my BX2200 and your Bota but the Speedco I got from TSC was too big for my Bx2200. They gladly took it back at no cost.

Just a thought when it comes to buyng heavy stuff like this that has high shipping involved.

And, on the name hoosier daddy, I grew up in Ohio and moved to Indiana some 33 years ago. Everyone had fun with Buckeye jokes like: Hairless Worthless Nut with little or no commercial value. I resemble that remark.

However, I started responding with my definition of what a Hoosier was. And thus, "Hoosier Daddy".

Thanks for checking it out, HD. Someone else in this group surely knows better than I do, but I'm guessing that the 3ph on your BX2200 and my B7800 are dimensionally the same. Unless the one on the BX is somehow modified? Can you use standard category 1 attachments?

I understand your Buckeye-Hoosier issue. Coming from "Joisey" I will forever be considered a 'flat lander' in these parts. Ah well. Would be nice to come up with a 'Who's yer daddy' equivalent. I've heard the term 'emmet' used for a third generation or older New Hampshirean (not sure of the spelling), but coming up with something that works with 'pismire' or 'pissant' is just asking for trouble, I think. In the end I'm just the guy that identifies highway exits by their numbers. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Farm Pro Quick Hitch - A Speeco? #7  
I worked in Piscataway and Bedminster for 2 Summers about 20 years ago.

I lived in Summerville one summer and then somewhere north of New Brunswick for awhile.
I learned about traffic circles in Summerville during a rush hour " don't give eye contact if you want off the circle".

I learned about Jug Handles "if you want to turn left you have to turn right".

And, I learned that 287N and 287S actually ran East and West where I used it so "if you want to go West, you have to go North and if you want to East you have to go South.

This ole redneck really had great summers after the learning curve.
Tom

HD, the Sommerville circle was one of the worst traffic spots on the planet. The state finally converted it into a regualr interesction. Circles (or rotaries. as they call them in these parts) work great up to a certain traffic volume and then crash hard. I think New Jersey has converted all of their circles. Ya know, as the guy in the circle, you actually had the right of way (yield is always to the left, at least in Jersey). But, most of the drivers don't know that and those who do, don't care. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The 287 N/S/E/W issue is actaully pretty common with Interstates. I89 runs N/S, but it crosses NH from Concord to Lebanon at the border and crosses Vermont east to west, too. In NH it goes many more miles E/W than N/S.

The best one I can remember from Jersey is a spot just north of Newton, where two state highways, 94 and 15, share a common stretch of asphalt. The only problem is that along that stretch 94 is heading north and 15 is heading south. So, you guessed it, there are actually signs that show 15N and 94S on the same pole and vice versa on the other side of the highway. My fishing buddy and I would pass through there on the weekends and you could always count on finding a confused out-of-state driver on the side of the road at that spot, map opened up, sctratching their head. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif