Farm Show publication

/ Farm Show publication #11  
I've only read two issues. The first one left me with the feeling that I could either buy it cheaper and easier then make it, or that it was just farm related, and I'm not a farmer. Then a few years later, there was a discussion on it again, so I got another copy of it. I think it was just about the exact same thing as the previous issue. Lots of stuff that I had no use for and thought it would have been easier and cheaper to buy a new one then what it took to make it yourself.

Eddie

/ Farm Show publication #12  
I used to read it, but let my sub run out. just got a renewal option for real cheap so sent it off... will probably keep it a couple years and let it go again....

soundguy

/ Farm Show publication #13  
It seam like after the first year the same thing come over the next year.

Check this out if you have Direct TV RFD TV Prairie Farm Report.

/ Farm Show publication #14  
my cable company carried RFD since the launch. Now RFD caters to the horse crowd. Blue Highways TV is much better. They will be filming the local threshing/plowing contest again this year.

I talked with the Farmshow magaizine editor and he summed it up pretty well. Farmers of today are the most modern bussiness around. Peopel don't have to cobble stuff anymore. He is always looking for story ideas. He said he should change the name to hobby farmer. Peopel still cobble for hobby stuff.

/ Farm Show publication #15  
I really like Farmshow especially the home built farm machinery but some of the Ideas are a bit funky. I did like all the combine and bus conversions but the one that stumped me was in one of the last issues that had a tricycle AC with a deere hoe on the wagner loader arms. Said the back end of the tractor wouldnt hold up to it so they mounted it where the loader bucket went. just set it where needed. Looked about as dangerous as crapping on a rattle snake. I hate to see it get like Popular Mechanics I snatched up a few old PM books from the 30s and 40's and really enjoyed them up to the late 80's when actual projects like scooters and farm implements were made. Last one I looked at had a wood project and some new fangled car crud and junk.
Amy wants to take pictures of all the things Ive built around the yard that I use and post them to Farmshow. I know a man that has almost every one from its begining and he said looking back at the years when it was tight that Farmshows interesting projects came out in full.