farm tractor fees/registration costs

/ farm tractor fees/registration costs #11  
Jimg,

Never heard of any registration or license here in Georgia either. SMV sign and flashers are required. Now I am not sure I would drive my tractor in Atlanta but rural areas it is pretty common.

MarkV

/ farm tractor fees/registration costs #12  
Here in Ohio there is no personal property tax.......that I know of /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Unless you have a business.

/ farm tractor fees/registration costs
Thanx!

/ farm tractor fees/registration costs #14  
Personal property tax.
Yep, rv's, boat, my race car trailer, ect.
Oh yea, and dogs, yes, dog tax.
I don't think you have to report anything, well, I never have, they just seem to know.

/ farm tractor fees/registration costs #15  
When I bought a new ATV in 1995 I went about 20 miles across the stateline and bought it in Tennessee. Their price was better and I didn't have to pay tax either. When you do that with a car they will get you when you have it registered. I see no good reason to pay tax on something that isn't used on the public roads or waterways. What will be taxed next, weedeaters? Here in Alabama our idiot legislators are actually considering taxing sodas. Yes they commented that they were losing revenue on these. What is that 7% tax that I pay when I buy one? They want a tax on them similar to cigarette or alcohol tax. I could see them going after ATVs and having to buy a sticker like you mentioned.

/ farm tractor fees/registration costs #16  
I'm in MO and there is a requirement to list FARM equipment on the Personal Property Tax declaration. As I own a CUT and don't farm, I didn't list it. It's just a big lawnmower as far as I'm concerned.

/ farm tractor fees/registration costs #17  
Hi
I think if its a tractor you have to list it and pay tax even if you live in the city on a 50x50 lot. I heard the new tax form only has 2 lines. the first line How much did you make last year. Line 2 Send it to the department of revenue.

this year I owed the state 400 + so they tacked on an 11 dollar penalty for under payment

Charlie

/ farm tractor fees/registration costs #18  
Hi Gary

The same with a horse we have to list him as personal property and pay tax on him but not on our dog and cats, you tell me the difference they are all just pets. Cept the horse cost more to keep and is more trouble to take care of.

charlie

/ farm tractor fees/registration costs #19  
Around me the government gives you money if have a farm tractor. they even give you money not to use it. and then sometimes they give you money to use if you are planting grass in waterways, and get this when you feel that the government has given you enough money to build two new houses for your kids and start a non farming business you still get to keep your tractor (but you might as well sell the combine to buy your wife a new pearlescent caddy.

later

/ farm tractor fees/registration costs #20