Farm Truck Registration

/ Farm Truck Registration #81  
I am thinking A or C. :)

I have have heard some RV'ers have really ticked off the offices by pulling into the inspection/scales.

Hauling personal belongings seems to trigger different laws in different states I take it?

Ya RVs are not exactly trucks. I am sure the law varies. Many claim that only "commercial" trucks have to weigh but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

/ Farm Truck Registration #82  
This should make most of you angry at registration prices. In Louisiana PRIVATE tags are 6K and $10/yr. FARM tags are weight rated 10K and cost $3/yr. Heavier Farm Tags are available for a little more the next tag is 10,001-23999, I think it is $6.25 or $10/yr. Full 80K Farm Semi is only $40/yr. Farm Tags have a 150 mi range from home base. I have them on trucks and trailers. Yes I farm and work a day job. Insurance is cheaper too. Sounds like some states (WI) are bleeding their residents at the DMV, unless Sales Taxes are lower. LA is 8%-9.75%.

CT

Last edited:
   / Farm Truck Registration #83  
Not so long ago in NC truck registrations were for vehicles under 6,000/6,500 pounds and for commercial vehicles over that weight. When I bought my first diesel pick up the truck was rated at 8,500 pounds. Because of the weight, the truck was not able to get the 6,000/6,500 pound registration.

But the truck did not meet the letter of the law to be a commercial vehicle either.

Thus I did not need to register my truck. :laughing:

I pointed this out to the DMV lady. :D

She was not amused. :laughing::D:laughing::D

Since I did not want to fund a legal test case I got a commercial tag. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Today NC has a Weighted registration.

Later,
Dan