Farmall 140

/ Farmall 140 #11  
You guys that have just bought 140s, Congratulations! Mine was my FIL's. It has the quick hitch, cultivators, hiller discs, three point hitch (which I rarely use). It is a 1962 model and runs like a well tuned sewing machine. He used it to cultivate corn, tobacco and garden and to prepare the lists for planting tobacco. I see from some of the other posters here are neighbors to me. They probably saw these tractors used for tobacco too.

It never has worked very hard in its 50 years although he turned it over around 1970. He had it put back together and it hasn't missed a lick since. I've put brakes and a clutch in it. It will pull a two bottom plow in our lightest soil but would do far better with a single bottom plow. It doesn't smoke or use oil.

I use it now to fix my lists/hills, and to cultivate my garden. It also gets used to pull trailers around the farm. It also is the main tractor for pulling the cultipacker when planting grasses or food plots.

/ Farmall 140 #12  
post some pics!

/ Farmall 140 #13  
image.jpg

This is the best photo I have right now! Not bad for a 50 year old machine.

/ Farmall 140 #14  
thanks, looks right at home!

/ Farmall 140 #15  
I'm drooling here..!! Would LOVE to find a nice 140 with a single 16" FH plow to add to the "collection".