FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS #21  
How did you check the wiring? I would unplug the battery and feel by hand every electrical wire. One could have been chewed or nicked and only shorting intermittently. While feeling all the wires check all the connections for rust and grounding.

I also would second checking the operator presence switch under your seat. These do go bad and connections go bad on them for many different types of equipment.

I would hate to go through and replace everything only to find out it was something simple, which is what it sounds like.

Are you working in extreme heat or dusty conditions?

I feel your pain! Tracing a phantom eletrical problem is upsetting! I did that years ago on a toyota. Found the issue was a ground wire was broken in the brake system. Best!

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS #22  
Don't forget to check grounds also. I had a Gravely tractor that had a loose ground that would run fine, then just turn off... Tightened the connection (after looking for loose connections for awhile) and all was good after that.

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS #23  
Have you had any luck finding your problem with the engine shutting down. After looking through the fuel shut off schematic I would suspect that your problem might be in the operator safety module. It is located under the hood, between the engine and the fuel tank. There is two boxes in this location. One is the alarm for the operator presence and the other is the operator safety module. It appears to control the ground for the fuel shut off relay and takes inputs from the operator presence switch. If needed I could send you a copy of this schematic.

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS
Thanks for the advice everyone! Still no luck! My ground cable was a little loose tho! I tightened it up but still no luck! I need to look into that safety box by the alarm! I don't recall seeing one there tho! Just the alarm and fuse box! I will have to look at it again when I get home! Thanks again everyone you all have been really helpful!!

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS
Have you had any luck finding your problem with the engine shutting down. After looking through the fuel shut off schematic I would suspect that your problem might be in the operator safety module. It is located under the hood, between the engine and the fuel tank. There is two boxes in this location. One is the alarm for the operator presence and the other is the operator safety module. It appears to control the ground for the fuel shut off relay and takes inputs from the operator presence switch. If needed I could send you a copy of this schematic.

Is this what your talking about?

ForumRunner_20131005_094454.png

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS #26  
I believe that is what he is talking about. Can you remove it and check the wiring to ensure it is not corroded? I would follow that wire harness as well. Is there someone nearby you could swap switches with to find out if this is truly the issue?

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS
I wish there was some one to swap with! Headed to the dealer now to see what they have to say about it!

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS #28  
That is the module I was talking about but after looking at it again realized it is for the lights. I thought that it was the safety module knowing the one beside it is the safety alarm as I have it unplugged to avoid listening to the annoying alarm. Kinda thought that case would have put the two modules that are in the same circuit close together, Sorry for the confusion. I could not find the safety module. Might be under the dash. Doesn't show a clear location in the parts break down but according to the schematic it has 6 pins. Again sorry if I steered you in the wrong direction

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS
That is the module I was talking about but after looking at it again realized it is for the lights. I thought that it was the safety module knowing the one beside it is the safety alarm as I have it unplugged to avoid listening to the annoying alarm. Kinda thought that case would have put the two modules that are in the same circuit close together, Sorry for the confusion. I could not find the safety module. Might be under the dash. Doesn't show a clear location in the parts break down but according to the schematic it has 6 pins. Again sorry if I steered you in the wrong direction

Nope that's fine! Now I know what it is! The dealer said it was under the dash I have it all taken apart and still can't find it! But what is this? It starts and runs with or without it?

ForumRunner_20131009_175900.png

ForumRunner_20131009_175942.png

And I have two wires that don't go anywhere! The green wire is hot when the key is on!?

ForumRunner_20131009_180111.png

ForumRunner_20131009_180135.png

Thanks for any info! :)

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS
OK I have in my hand a module fuel control! In the parts manual it says and shows it by the relays! Its not there! Where is it at? I think they printed me off a page for the dx55 not sure tho! Anyways how I have come to the conclusion that this is it is that it dose not smoke out of the exhaust when it dies and I try to start it. The book at the dealer said it was one of two thing. The fuel shutoff solenoid. I replaced that at the beginning of this whole ordeal or the module fuel control so that's where I'm hoping my problem is but I can't find it! All of my wiring and switches are great shape. Just can't find where this control is! Thanks! Any info will be greatly appreciated!