Buying Advice Farmall 75a vs NH workmaster 95

/ Farmall 75a vs NH workmaster 95 #1  

wango tango

Silver Member
I need something to reliably lift my Great Plains 6 foot no till drill. It weighs about 3000 pounds but with seed obviously would be more.

The new Holland is a bigger tractor and I can get a good deal on it, but it’s rated to only lift 3200 pounds at 24 inches. Conversely the Farmall is a lighter tractor but can lift 4299 pounds or so.

Anyone have any experience with the NH and it’s lift capacity? I’d sure think it could but ratings are ratings. I don’t wanna buy something and it not do the job.

/ Farmall 75a vs NH workmaster 95 #2  
I have a 55A and love it. Lifts anything I need it to.

/ Farmall 75a vs NH workmaster 95 #3  
I need something to reliably lift my Great Plains 6 foot no till drill. It weighs about 3000 pounds but with seed obviously would be more.

The new Holland is a bigger tractor and I can get a good deal on it, but it’s rated to only lift 3200 pounds at 24 inches. Conversely the Farmall is a lighter tractor but can lift 4299 pounds or so.

Anyone have any experience with the NH and it’s lift capacity? I’d sure think it could but ratings are ratings. I don’t wanna buy something and it not do the job.

The Farmall 75A (also sold with blue paint as the NH Workmaster 75) is a smaller tractor than the Workmaster 95. The Workmaster 95 (aka Farmall 95A) is available with an additional hydraulic ram that increases lift capacity to 6200 pounds at 24". The Workmaster 95 also weighs about 1500 pounds more than the Farmall 75A, and you will want plenty of weight to counterbalance the drill. If those are your choices of tractor, I would vote for the Workmaster 95 with the optional hydraulic ram, and plenty of front counterweight.

/ Farmall 75a vs NH workmaster 95
Interesting…. Can the optional ram cylinder be added after it’s built?

If the same tractor why does the farmall have 33% more 3 point lift capacity than the workmaster 95?

/ Farmall 75a vs NH workmaster 95 #5  
Interesting…. Can the optional ram cylinder be added after it’s built?

If the same tractor why does the farmall have 33% more 3 point lift capacity than the workmaster 95?

Whether or not it can be added after the fact is a good question for the dealer.

I know that lift capacity can vary depending on the distance from the ends where the lift is measured. If I remember correctly, the Case IH version may have measured at the ends, the NH was 24" behind.

/ Farmall 75a vs NH workmaster 95
They are both measured at 24”

/ Farmall 75a vs NH workmaster 95 #7  
Whether or not it can be added after the fact is a good question for the dealer.

I know that lift capacity can vary depending on the distance from the ends where the lift is measured. If I remember correctly, the Case IH version may have measured at the ends, the NH was 24" behind.
Usually they can. I added twin aux lift cylinders to my Kubota M-126X after it was built. Took me about 2 hours. Usually its a dealer installed upgrade.

The difference between at the ends and 24” behind is significant with 24” behind being more realistic.

/ Farmall 75a vs NH workmaster 95 #8  
They are both measured at 24”

I tried to find the reason why there was a difference and came up short. Generally the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's tractor testing lab will provide good data as manufacturers are legally required to have them test one example of every model of 100+ PTO HP tractor that is to be sold in the State of Nebraska. (Occasionally a third party will perform the testing but UNL will still have the report on their website.) They test fuel consumption, PTO power, drawbar power, hydraulic pressure/flow, and 3 point lift. Manufacturers can also choose to have smaller tractors tested if they wish, UNL omits the drawbar pull test in that case. CNH tests most of its full-sized utility tractors that are <100 PTO HP but they will submit either a New Holland or CaseIH-branded unit. UNL prepares an identical report for each branded version but at the end will say which exact one they actually tested as they are apparently considered identical. They did note the Workmaster 75/Farmall 75A did fail their 3 point lift tests as they fell about 500 lbs short of advertised lift at 24" behind link ends. I did not see the Workmaster 95/Farmall 95A in their test database.