farmall 75c

/ farmall 75c #1  

Kitz

Silver Member
Tractor
IH 244
Just got a new to me 75c 4wd got a couple questions if anyone can help mine has a cab went out and mowed a
little with it today it rides like a old lumber truck is that normal? It does have a short wheelbase and a cup holder that will spill your soda for you when traveling. haha #2 The pto wouldnt shut off unless i hit lever real hard is there a adjustment for the lever? #3 Is the 4 wheel drive light supposed to come on when you put on brakes ? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1320.JPG
    IMG_1320.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 88
   / farmall 75c #2  
That is a really nice tractor, Congrats! As far as the ride, I mean, it's a tractor, not even a log truck suspension. The only "suspension" you have really is your Grammar seat. If you don't have the seat setup right it might be a rough ride.

Cannot answer your other questions.

/ farmall 75c #3  
As far as the ride, if your not going to be using it dropping the bucket will help the ride,
also whats the tire pressure in the rears, if those are radials they look high even for bias ply could be to high.
And as mentioned soften up your seat.
Can't help on the PTO.
Yes your 4wd will engage when using both rear brakes, if you only use one brake it will not engage the 4wd.

/ farmall 75c
guess that rough riding question was kind of a dumb one i have 3 other tractors but they are 2 wheel drive and cabless that dont ride as rough. but i would imagine the 4 wheel drive and cab probably adds to the roughness they are radial tires but owners manual has a mandatory pressure of 24# seems high to me my 574 tractor i believe is only 14#

/ farmall 75c #5  
Wow, that is surprising.
I could see 24 for the fronts, I'd be looking for 14-15 for the rears.

/ farmall 75c #6  
Just got a new to me 75c 4wd got a couple questions if anyone can help mine has a cab went out and mowed a
little with it today it rides like a old lumber truck is that normal? It does have a short wheelbase and a cup holder that will spill your soda for you when traveling. haha #2 The pto wouldnt shut off unless i hit lever real hard is there a adjustment for the lever? #3 Is the 4 wheel drive light supposed to come on when you put on brakes ? Thanks
Pto not shutting off is strange. All the cables/levers are adjustable. How are you telling it is not shutting off?

4wd is engaging when you press the brakes. Normal for newer big tractors, it is to help you stop by engaging the front axle.

adjust the air seat, it rides like a tractor. No wheel weight is hurting you a little also.

/ farmall 75c #7  
My Kubota also rides a lot rougher than my old open station John Deere. Rear tires on both tractors are at 13 psi (I have no smooth fields to drive on, only rough desert terrain). Only thing I could attribute the better ride on the John Deere to is that the John Deere is a good foot wider than the Kubota - rear tires are set further apart. Plus everything about the John Deere is more "massive" than the Kubota - I do believe it carries more weight on the rear tires than the Kubota, despite the Kubota wearing a cab.

/ farmall 75c #8  
Those tires look like rocks just looking at the picture. Definitely drop that air pressure way down. Radial tires run on very low pressure for much better comfort and traction.