farmall C hydraulics

/ farmall C hydraulics #1  

red carr

Tractor
farmall C
Trying to find the hydraulic junction box/valve that mounts on floor in front of the seat. It is only used with the factory 2 point fast hitch. Part # is p356782R.

/ farmall C hydraulics #2  
I believe you are referring to the check valve block, the hydraulic hoses attach to, to keep from dropping a heavy load, on the FH. I took mine off years ago, because even with the empty FH carry-all, it would "catch" it several times, when lowering it. A person would need to raise & lower several times, releasing the check valve, just to set something down.

Is this the block(#2) you are referring to..?? Official Case IH Online Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Best Parts Search and Best Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts

/ farmall C hydraulics
That is right. Used to have down pressure on FH but no longer do. Used to raise the rear of tractor with it but not anymore. Have bypassed it so it raises ok and can live with that. Will check some of the sites u noted but bet this is a lost cause.
thanks for the comeback
red carr

/ farmall C hydraulics #4  
Mine will still raise the rear off the ground without that block. Could be the front seal is out of the pump, causing a pressure relief, putting the hyd. oil in the crankcase. Had the seal go out on mine about 10 years ago, and had those symptoms. It would pick light implements, but loaded, it would start to lift, hesitate, then stop. Have you checked your hyd. fluid level lately..??

And nope, not a lost cause if you're really needing one. I happen to know where there is one, and I'm sure we could work out a deal.

/ farmall C hydraulics
Thanks for the info!!!!!!
Believe I better check my bypass plumbing job before going any further. Not losing fluid and loader works
fine so should be solvable without that block.
Thanks again.

/ farmall C hydraulics #6  
I will concur with DJ, that box is only to slow heavy loads from dropping fast. It will work fine without it.

/ farmall C hydraulics
I will concur with DJ, that box is only to slow heavy loads from dropping fast. It will work fine without it.

There's no substitute for smarts. Glad to know there is a place to get answers. Thanks

/ farmall C hydraulics #8  
Mine will still raise the rear off the ground without that block. Could be the front seal is out of the pump, causing a pressure relief, putting the hyd. oil in the crankcase. Had the seal go out on mine about 10 years ago, and had those symptoms. It would pick light implements, but loaded, it would start to lift, hesitate, then stop. Have you checked your hyd. fluid level lately..??

And nope, not a lost cause if you're really needing one. I happen to know where there is one, and I'm sure we could work out a deal.

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but my 230 w/FH is losing hyd oil into the crankcase...yeah, I know...did you have the pump seal done by a hyd outfit or fix it yourself? Was it the O-rings or the shaft itself? thanks... BobG in VA

/ farmall C hydraulics #9  
I did it myself, but did replace the O-rings & gasket where the manifold attaches on both ends. too. Easier to remove the manifold, and get it out of the way.

I removed the drive gear & woodruff key, then split the pump. Punched the seal out from the inside. Installed new seal flush, oiled the shaft, then back together. Just mind the little spring plates, going back together.

Just checked Case/IH,and looks like those seals run $14+ change. Thinking I paid $5 to $8 at the time, 10 or so years ago, as I got a spare to put in the parts cabinet. Gasket & O-rings were a lot less then too..!! $5+ change for the gasket, and $1.45 ea. for the O-rings now.

/ farmall C hydraulics #10  
DJ54: Thanks for the update and the "how to..."...really appreciate it. BobG in VA