farmall cub

/ farmall cub #1  
Tractor
jd 1070
Hi guys i have a farmall cub around a 1950 ish with mage ignition and 6 v it startes great when the moter is cold and runs great hoever after the moter warmes up if i shut i the tractor off it will not start up untill it the moter gets cool it not running to hot and can run forever after i start it when its the moter is cokd but will not start when moter is hot any ideas as to what the problem is thanks art

/ farmall cub #2  
Are you trying to start it hot, like you do when it's cold..?? In other words, are you choking it, when trying to start it when it's warmed up..?? If so, it may not need it, many don't, once they are. But my one A with Mag., needs a slight choke to start when warmed up, while the BN doesn't. Throttle position has a lot to do with it too. The same Farmall A has a sweet spot where it starts best cold, or hot. So I filed that notch a little deeper, and shut it off in that position. It's about 3 notches higher than the lowest idle position on this particular tractor. I don't have a Cub, but have 4 with the next size engines, C-113's & C-123's. 2 of them have mags, 2 battery ignition. None of the 4 start exactly the same, each has it's own little quirks when starting.

/ farmall cub #3  
does the starter turn the motor over when you say it won't start?

More info needed.

/ farmall cub #4  
even though you have a magneto ignition, for the sake of argument, check spark on that hot start attempt that fials, just to rule out a thermal issue with the magneto. while rare.. there could be possibilities.. ( condensor..e tc.. )

Now, assuming ( verified ) it has good spark, look at fuel and then compression.

will start fluid make it startup hot?

is there good vacume at the carb mouth when the engine is hot?

have you checked compression on her cold and hot, both wet and dry numbers?

/ farmall cub
hi ty yes the etarter turnes over mabey not quite as fast as when cold if i leave the tractor running it never quites i use itr to cultavate so when i shut it off say 1 to 2 hre after finishing cultavating and try to restare it right away u it well not starat if i wait tel it cooles down it fiers right up thamks art

/ farmall cub #6  
Soundguy has it right. His suggestions are next in line to check out.

My bet is the magneto or condenser, most likely the condenser.

/ farmall cub #7  
hi ty yes the etarter turnes over mabey not quite as fast as when cold if i leave the tractor running it never quites i use itr to cultavate so when i shut it off say 1 to 2 hre after finishing cultavating and try to restare it right away u it well not starat if i wait tel it cooles down it fiers right up thamks art

plenty of possibilities for thermal related issues, post back some details.

/ farmall cub #9  
who knows.. he might type from a phone like i do.. sometimes that makes it tough. 40% of the time i can't even post the first time i try. :)

/ farmall cub #10  
punctuation sucks on an android touch screen.